Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

2005 Explorer Fuel line...

So, im trying to replace the fuel filter. somebody has butchered the clip on the filter on the fuel rail side of the system. I need to replace that line. Does any body know how hard it is to replace the fuel line that runs from the filter up to the fuel rail? and how to do it...
  2. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

That is one sweet truck Jaxjag!
  3. N

Cracked Fuel Injector

So, I decided today to replace the fuel filter on my 04 Limited V8. I couldn't get the right filter being sunday and most places are closed. Pulled the old one out and decided that I may as well pull the injectors and have them cleaned (truck has done 97,000ish miles). The engine has been...
  4. N

Head lamp switch 04 Limited

In Australia our tail lamps are completely different We have from the top- Stop/tail, backup, turn signal and the bottom is the rear fog. Cheers Dan.
  5. N

Sweet, our switches only allow frogs in position 2 and it's rear ones. Fronts come on with high beam lights
  6. N

Hey guys, down here in Australia I'm thinking our headlight switch is slightly different than yours. When you flick the switch to position one the Park/tail lights come on and position 2 is headlights. If you pull the head lamp switch out the fogs come on, my question is, what fogs come on...
  7. N

Post Double Din pics..

Doesn't have Nav. What it does have is a thing called MirrorLink which, if you have an Android device allows the unit via a USB cable to mimic the phone display. It only works with certain apps but like eveything, there is a hacked version out there that allows you to use everything.
  8. N

Post Double Din pics..

I love the unit that I have in my Truck. I got it because it was in the middle price range and to get an equivalent Alpine or other top shelf unit was several hundred more $$$. The unit is easy to use which makes it great in a car for a touch screen, all the icons are pretty large. It has front...
  9. N

Post Double Din pics..

Same reason I got the Sony XAV601-BT. It has a Volume knob, and a couple of other buttons that I cant think of off hand.
  10. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Us an Aus models run the same front and rear drive shafts so I wouldn't imagine there would be a difference between us an them.
  11. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Well as a matter of fact the Pootrol did have to get dragged out however it was by a Heep... Put some spotties on the front of the Truck... and decided to go and take the kids to the snow BUILT FORD TOUGH!!!
  12. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The boys I go bush with, Carlo on the left with his 2007 GU Nissan Patrol running a 4.2L Turbo Diesel 6, Me with my 2004 Explorer running a 4.6L V8 and Kenny with his 1993 Land Rover Discovery 1 running a 3.5L Alloy EFI V8 and his puppy, Vader! Bad pic but it's me and my TRUCK!!!
  13. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

itsGerson, I am inlove with your truck, Might have to wrap mine!!!
  14. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I do Mendy... that is one of the next things on the list. Lift the truck then dual batteries
  15. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Close Mendy, they're 2004 Ford Fairlane Ghia rims 16" rims, my mate donated them so I could run a 16" tyre and keep my highway tyres on the factory 17s.
  16. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Went on a bit of a camping trip out bush in the Explorer, whilst out we did a bit of wheeling... sorry about the poor photos only have an old iPhone 4. The truck is pretty much stock except the BFG Muddies in 265/75 16. It went really well in the sloppy stuff. We had a ball.
  17. N

3rd Gen Limiting Straps install

How much lift requires such a mod?
  18. N

Dan the Australian G'day!

Looks a bit different now, what do y'all think of my semi off road truck?
  19. N

3rd Gen Overhead DVD console

Thanks, I think I will.
  20. N

Could probably make something better out of craft wood that would take a bigger screen too I guess
  21. N

Rear Lift Gate (upper one) Plastic broke in half

Touch wood, I must have the only one left that isnt cracked!!
  22. N

Hey guys, Here in Australia we never had the option of the factory overhead roof mounted DVD player thing. I want to know a few things about it. 1st, is it any good? 2nd can it be fitted to my truck without too much messing around? 3rd, we never got the the Factory AudioPhile type head unit I...
  23. N

Post Double Din pics..

Excuse the crap image but Sony XAV-601BT
  24. N

Damm lucky,now help me get F-ing Lucky

Wow, 1k for that! I kinda wish I lived over in the US, here in Aus we dont have many Explorers at all, we only got 2nd and 3rd gen wagons, never got a sport/2 door/pickup. Looks like a pretty cool car. I notice your OBD scanner is pulling codes for the oxy sensors, would they be leaned out just...
  25. N

Some stuff for off roading

Fitted up the 265/75 16 BFG Muds, they fit perfectly. They don't rub on anything that I can see, feel or hear. The tyres are fairly noisy but thats to be expected with mud terrains. I used the 16x7 Fairlane rims which as I said before are +35 offset, they sit spot on the same position my factory...
Back