Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Fixed the 4WD but now the tranny decides to not work right... Oi...

Check for a broken motor or transmission mount. The broken mount may cause the engine and tranny to jump, impact the shift linkage on something, and knock it out of gear.
  2. P

91 Explorer Computer learning curve

I swapped the engine from a 94 into a 91.I had to use the 91 wiring harness and upper intake because of the cam positioning sensor (the 94 had one, and the 91 did not) and a different egr setup. It only took the 91 ECM 5 minutes to learn, and now it runs great. I'm even using the 94 lower intake...
  3. P

Strange problem with bleeding the clutch

I'm running into the strangest problem bleeding the clutch on my girlfriend's 91 Explorer that I've ever experienced. Her Explorer had 192,000 miles on it when it got run out of antifreeze, (it's a long story, please don't get me started). I found a wrecked 94 Explorer with an automatic with...
  4. P

engine shuts down while driving

By the way Yes, I did check for stored codes. Surprisingly, there were none. I paid $700.00 for the X. I have another $300.00 into it and several hours of labor. New brakes all around, a radius arm bushing, and Warn manual lockout hubs to replace those crappy auto hubs. I really like Explorers...
  5. P

I found it First of all, thank you for the welcome and to the response. It was dark and cold when I got to it. The first thing I checked was the negative battery cable and lo and behold, when I tugged on the cables, the EEC ground wire fell out of the terminal. I replaced the entire terminal...
  6. P

Hello all. I bought a 91 x. I'm having an engine shutdown issue. When I first bought it, the CEL would flash and the engine would shut down for half a second whenever I would hit a bump. I replaced the ignition switch, lock cylinder, and the fuel pump relay. I then removed all the rats nest...
Back