Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. LoquetusofBorg

I want to do a 1" or 2" body lift, not a 3", What should I buy?

You need to buy the 3" blocks and cut them down. The blocks can be bought at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Zone-Offroad-Bulk-Tall-Block/dp/B0021IAOQE Hope this helps. Loquetus
  2. LoquetusofBorg

2001 Mountaineer Blower Issue with Digital Climate Controls

If that is a newer blower motor as mine was the terminals on the new fan are opposite of what the originals are. Try disconnecting the power supply from the fan itself and then insert 2 small screwdrivers or paper clip on each side of the power plug form the motor, then use alligator clips from...
  3. LoquetusofBorg

Add a leaf

It is still a mono leaf and the AAL does not lift it all that much and the ride is sort of squishy. At 80 bucks per side it will set the way I want it to sit and the ride will be firmer. With that being said I will have to do a TT to bring the front end up. Maybe in the far future I will do a...
  4. LoquetusofBorg

Add a leaf

The page I directed you to and the item I am talking about is the 80 dollar per side leaf pack. Sorry I didn't clarify the first time. Loquetus
  5. LoquetusofBorg

Add a leaf

I have a set and don't like them very much, I am going to put these on this year and are a much better alternative Store Search - Find Truck & Trailer Parts Fast! Hope this helps. Loquetus
  6. LoquetusofBorg

Wanted 01 Sport Replacement inner and outer Rocker Panels

Sorry for the late post. I would like to edit this by saying I did buy the rockers for the 2 door rig on ebay but it is the dog legs they don't make for it. I had bought the dog legs for the 4 door and that is what they cut up and added metal to it then welded it back together and custom fit for...
  7. LoquetusofBorg

Mercury mountaineer rear tail lamp molding on explorer (pics)

I like the mods you've done also. It is looking very nice. I went with the same head light set up, only I used the clear ones, (it breaks up all the black on my rig with a little none-color on the front end). I am also going to go get a limited grill for mine too as I like what it has done for...
  8. LoquetusofBorg

Wanted 01 Sport Replacement inner and outer Rocker Panels

Yup, what he said ^. I had to buy 4 door rockers and they custom cut and welded all back together with very little body filler. They absolutely don't make 2 door rocker panels. Loquetus
  9. LoquetusofBorg

Dirt particles

Would you have a cat problem...hehehe
  10. LoquetusofBorg

Dirt particles

Could be it has been there for a little while and has now decided to spew it's contents. Could be a mouse problem, for there nest. There is no filter on the cab side of the breather, (at least on mine), so you could easily suck in dirt particles there and blow them through out the cab. Leaf...
  11. LoquetusofBorg

Dirt particles

Yup, What he said. Loquetus
  12. LoquetusofBorg

Message center addition

Yes, I also put one in my 98 sport. It works great. There is a write up here on the forum to install it using your existing wiring, but it will be much more time consuming to do. just get the wire harness from the donor rig, it will be less work- sort of. I am going to get rid of my message...
  13. LoquetusofBorg

Won't start.

Thank you so much for that tid bit of info, as I was un-aware of those changes made to pats. When I had problems with mine that baby turned all day or until the battery drained and also on my friends 99. Thanks again J_C. Loquetus
  14. LoquetusofBorg

Won't start.

I would check fuses and relays if you are getting no power to the starter because the pats system does not stop the starter, stops injectors I believe. Loquetus
  15. LoquetusofBorg

Won't start.

If you are getting power to the starter, then you need to check for spark, then fuel pressure. The problem you have described has many answers, from fuel pumps, filters and everything in between. Mine was doing that on occasion until finally it was doing it all the time. The culprit was the cps...
  16. LoquetusofBorg

Won't start.

When you say "won't start" are you getting power to the starter? You either are or your not, the word "seems" is throwing me off. Loquetus
  17. LoquetusofBorg

Steering wheel interchange

Yup, Would be easier to go back and take the entire steering column and the under dash harness then it would be to piece it together, plus, if you take the wiring harness under the dash and the wiring for the center console you should have the message center wiring and the EATC wiring for the...
  18. LoquetusofBorg

For Sale 01-03 Explorer Sport white faced gauge cluster 2wd $60 Shipped

Sorry, I should have read the title better, was so excited about the white faced cluster that I did not read past the word "cluster". Loquetus
  19. LoquetusofBorg

Do you have the message center in yours? Loquetus
  20. LoquetusofBorg

yes, it will fit, but you will need the clock spring if you want it to work correctly. Loquetus
  21. LoquetusofBorg

For Sale 01-03 Explorer Sport white faced gauge cluster 2wd $60 Shipped

Still have it? Is it for a 4x4" Interested. Loquetus
  22. LoquetusofBorg

Eatc stuck in diagnostic mode!!!

You might have a bad EATC, "Might". Sometimes they develop hairline cracks in the boards as well as the "O" rings go bad in the small pumps on the board. I would go to the local pic n pull and try to find one close to your year, 98-2000. remove yours then put the other used one in and see if...
  23. LoquetusofBorg

Isaac's 95 Eddie Bauer 4x4

I like the limited grill very much. I will have to get to the pick-n-pull lot and get one before they disappear completely. Loquetus
  24. LoquetusofBorg

Another F100 body swap

This is an awesome write up, Subscribed! My third rig as a teenager was a 54 ford f-100 with a 56 front end and was one of my most favorite vehicles ever. I am excited for you and can't wait for your updates. Good luck! Loquetus
  25. LoquetusofBorg

Hood Supports Useful Addition

That is a great idea. Think I would paint them black. May have to incorporate this into mine just for the winter season. Loquetus
Back