Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Might trade in ranger for explorer sport, have mod questions

Im in the process of trading in my 2k3 ranger for a 2k3 Explorer Sport. I cant take the slow 3.0 engine of the ranger. But the 4.0 is a nice power house. Anywho, do explorers share the same mods as rangers? For example, rangers have an Auto up/down feature where you can take a module from a ford...
  2. J

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

Okay, i was talkin to someone on a ranger board, and they mention scraping a green paint off?? Sound familiar?
  3. J

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

BigTig, I dont know if your still around, but I have a 2003 Ranger Tremor. It comes with white face gauges factory, and I was wondering if you knew of way you can change the color of green to blue by LED's? And if its possible, what else would need to be done to turn the whole thing blue instead...
  4. J

Anyone in Florida?

Just wondering how many people are in Florida, and if there is many peole in Central florida?
  5. J

My 2003 Ranger Tremor, Mod Pics!

Hey guys, my name is Jon, I live in Daytona beach, Florida, and I own a Ranger Tremor. Why is it called a ranger tremor, because it comes with a 485 watt Pioneer Audio system. White faced gauges similar to the sport trace, high output alternator, and 16" 5 spoke wheels. And it wouldnt be...
  6. J

To all those with auto-dimming mirrors!

Okay, cool, ive tried both auto-dimming mirrors. And they both seem to be really sensitive to light, I mean, this is the first time ive had an autodimming mirror in any vehicle. And it only seems to dim under extreme light, I thought it would dim more. Is all that normal??
  7. J

Oh, you got me wrong. I have a gen 1 laying around. Mine is the oval shaped one with just the slider. It has a slider and a little green light next to it. Thats the one im trying to figure out. The one I have currently is one from a Gen 2 explorer. Probably a 1997, its oval shaped and has the...
  8. J

Hey guys, I recently put an auto dimming mirror in my Ranger to match my Overhead Console. Now Ive put an auto dimming mirror from a Gen 1 explorer, and now Im testing one from a 1997, which I think is a gen 2. My question is, will the auto dimming only work when the "auto lamp" slider is on. Or...
  9. J

Painted Overhead Console Mod

You explorer guys rock! Yes, that is a total stock deck. Its called the "tremor" sound system. My ranger is called a Ford Ranger Tremor. Because it has a 485 watt pioneer system, 10 inch factory sub woofer, all pioneer speakers. Anywho, that is stock on the Ford Ranger tremor. It sounds really...
  10. J

Reverse Indiglow Gauge Install

looks excellent!
  11. J

Thats next for me, im getting the nuimage white HVAC to match my tremor deck and getting those billet ac/heater controls as well :D
  12. J

Thanks for all the compliments. You explorer guys rock considering im just a ranger owner. No, it wasnt spray painted. I took it to a local body shop and got it proffesionally painted Sonic blue, which is the color of my ranger, heres some other painted stuff in my truck that was done:
  13. J

Painted Overhead Console Mod(more pics added) Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this is my painted overhead console. I guess it could be considered a modification. let me know what yall think. Not sure if too many people have done this so im not sure if i...
  14. J

Overhead Console wiring

Alright, well, I just went to the junkyard and swapped the guts out for a new one. So thanks for your help! I messed with all the wiring and couldnt figure out. Thanks again though.
  15. J

Overhead Console wiring

All the wires seem normal. cause in the overhead console I have, there is a plugin in the circuit board where all the wires go. I even switched the wires since they are interchangeable as well. The only two noticebale wires are black and red for the lights, and those both seem normal. I just...
  16. J

Overhead Console wiring

Hey, this is my first post. So im not sure if this is in the right forum. I have a 2003 Ranger with a Ford Explorer overhead console in it. It was an 8 hour modification to put in my ranger. My dome lights in the console are messed up. The left one works like normal. But the right one is always...
Back