Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

hi...Newbie here needs some help

Hi ws6lvr! I'd check the ball joints if it squeaks when you turn.
  2. C

Seriously Annoying ABS Issue!

They all should read should read atleast 5 ohms. If not there's your bad sensor.
  3. C

Welcome dunk69! And BigRondo is quite right about the fixes he mentioned if you run into those issues again. My 02 ST had broken wires in between the drivers side door and body that also affected my speaker and my stock sub. Also spray some WD-40 in the door hinges and open and close them a few...
  4. C

How to: Ford Explorer Engine No Start Procedure

Also do you get any feeling of a misfire while cranking?
  5. C

How to: Ford Explorer Engine No Start Procedure

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?
  6. C

FL820S oil filter won't fit SOHC engine

Maybe try and see if the parts store can cross reference it?
  7. C

2nd Gen Explorer Power Door Lock Issue

You have a ton of wires that run from the drivers side door to your fuse box and harness through a rubber boot with a zip tie on it. You need to cut the zip tie to pull the boot back and you'll see all the wires and look at all of them cause they are know to wear and break form door use. Fix...
  8. C

Hello to all

Welcome! Definitely update us on your progress!
  9. C

Ford excursion door ajar and dome light stay on

Hi Lisa! Go get a can of WD-40 and spray it in the door latches and open and close the doors one at a time to free up the sticky prox sensor or whatever indicates that the door is shut all the way. Which would also be why your dome light stays on. Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!
  10. C

We proudly hit 200,000 miles today

Can you imagine if Ford did an actual recall on all the tranny problems from 1998-02 explorers they wouldve been alot more broke.;)
  11. C

Tranmission issue

Dang! Wish I saw this sooner. My 02 had same problem and there are other threads on this. Unfortunately something sounds wrong. I would scan it cause I scanned mine and came up with 2nd and 3rd out of ratio. Due to the servo rounding out I believe.
  12. C

We proudly hit 200,000 miles today

I've got about 20,000 till I'm there on my 02 ST.
  13. C

Transmission issues. Need advice!

Please update what they ended up correcting!
  14. C

Overdrive light blinking

Hello Mine had 2nd and 3rd gear out of ratio when I scanned it. Usually the servos wear out on these. Make sure if the light comes on you can stop shut the truck off and restart it and it will temporarily shut off. It's not good to drive it when it's blinking cause I believe it also means...
  15. C

2002 Sport Trac 4" lift advice please.

Thank you! This forum is sweet thank you!
  16. C

2002 Sport Trac 4" lift advice please.

Can anyone please help out with the best way to do a 4" lift and parts on a 02 Sport Trac?
Back