Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Power Running Boards

Use Deep Creep Spray(same as SeaFoam but in a spray). I tried different lubricants and nothing worked until I used Deep Creep last year and they have worked like new since-no problems-and we had alot of ice and snow last year. I should re-apply again to keep them working! :)
  2. V

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Premier AWD V8 - Service

Power Running Boards Use Deep Creep Spray (same as Sea Foam but in a spray) on the running boards. Last winter here in Iowa was pretty bad and they stopped working. I tried different lubricants but nothing worked until I used the Deep Creep - they worked like new the rest of the winter and...
  3. V

Extended Warranty

We bought ours with 16,000 miles last year and bought the ESP Platinum warranty through our Ford dealer for $1,000.
  4. V

2006 Mercury Mountaineer won't come out of park

Yes, there is a TSB on this for the year, they will replace the safety switch.
  5. V

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

My Mountaineer has 23000 miles on it, it had the slight jerk before coming to a stop and hesitation when taking off from a stop, very annoying. I took it to our Lincoln Mercury dealer and gave them the latest TSB, the service manager knew exactly what I was talking about. So far so good, very...
  6. V

2006 explorer radiator

michaels2 what engine do you have? Thanks!
  7. V

07 Mountaineer Aluminum Trim Oxidation

I have an 06 mountaineer, my oxidation is on the trim on the hatch, I think it is from all of the salt brine they are putting on the roads:mad::thumbdwn:
  8. V

2006 explorer radiator

Please let us know if you have the V6 or V8 so we can see if this is a trend in one or the other or both. Thanks!:)
  9. V

2006 explorer radiator

Please post what engine you have or at least put it in your profile so everyone can see if this is a problem with one or the other or both. Thanks!!
  10. V

80,000+ miles on Dueler A/T REVO and still goin...

I just bought the Revo's after reading 01EB5.0 and the reviews on Tirerack, what a difference, the ride is so quiet and smooth now! I have a 1998 EB with 52,000 miles and it had the original General Grabber AT tires (JUNK)! I paid $580.00 total.
  11. V

Overdrive light blinking

Glad to help, I know how frustrating it was for me.
  12. V

Overdrive light blinking

I went through the same thing, after three times back to the Ford dealer, they replaced the torque converter and the problem was solved.
  13. V

need auto tranny help asap

Did you replace your torque converter? I had the same flashing light, the dealer first said the tranny was shot, I told the dealer not to do anything as I was coming to pick it up. When I got there they said that sometimes the valve body cracks and that could be the problem, replaced cracked...
  14. V

gas pedal sticking?

Hi Sport4x4, My notice states that if you do not have the letter, the dealer will still replace free of charge. I would call the dealer and inquire.
  15. V

gas pedal sticking?

Yes, free of charge, they replaced the throttle body. I would call the dealer and say it is in regards to safety recall 00S58.
  16. V

gas pedal sticking?

Do you have the SOHC engine? If so, there is a recall on that. I used to have a 97 SOHC that developed the same symptom, it was covered under the recall.
Back