Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

1997 ford Explorer Trouble with 4 wheel drive

1997 explorer 4 wheel drive brewman I have checked the pins on the connector from the harness and jacked it up can hear the transfer case motor switch from high to low.I turned the passanger side front tire and the rear drivers tire will turn and turning the drive shaft the tires will turn on...
  2. H

1997 explorer 4 wheel drive Where is the Brown wire at does it come out of the back of the T-Case should that wire be hot all the time or when it is locked in to 4 Wheel Drive only
  3. H

Hello the one i have is the 1997 but says 1996 on the door 97-01 4-door and 96-00 Sports Your control knob should say 4auto, 4high, 4low. First, we need to narrow it down to a transfer case issue, or a front axle issue. I have checked the fuses all of them i put a new trasfercase motor on...
  4. H

How to: 2nd Gen 4wd Troubleshooting Guide

Hello the one i have is the 1997 but says 1996 on the door 97-01 4-door and 96-00 Sports Your control knob should say 4auto, 4high, 4low. First, we need to narrow it down to a transfer case issue, or a front axle issue. I have checked the fuses all of them i put a new trasfercase motor...
  5. H

1997 ford Explorer

1997 explorer hubs I have checked all the fuses agine every one is all good how do i know if the hub is bad if they are bad would that make the front end not engage the front axle
  6. H

1997 ford Explorer

Thank you frickea86 im doing to dive back under the hood today and check them fuses and see if i missed any found this today see one that i havent tried but going to check them all agine fingers crossed Fuse & Circuit Breaker Identification #1 - 10 Amp Power Mirror #2 - 10 Amp Air Bag...
  7. H

1997 ford Explorer

I have a 97 4x4 explorer control trac and my front drive shaft will not engague in 4x4 It has no vacuum lines to check the lights will come on for 4 high and 4 low but wont lock in thought for sure that it was the transfer case motor put a new one in today with no luck have checked all fuses...
Back