Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

NEW LEAF SPRINGS “UPDATE”

They are the exact same size. I think they look biggger because they are new and clean. I checked the bolts this morning and all is good. I’ll re check them next week just to play it safe.
  2. T

Thanks. Yeah I kno some ppl like to or have to budget hunt due to finances, which is fine.. I thought about it myself but I didn’t want to gamble with a bad junk yard set. Plus I have been hitting it hard with overtime the past 2 months so I just went with all brand new parts. It is my winter...
  3. T

New bushings are installed from the company. I got new bolts and U bolts from rock auto. Best price and they carry our size rear U bolts
  4. T

Lower arch. Sits a lil higher because they are new but should settle in a few weeks. Both rear sides level and the ride is great
  5. T

Hey all. Sorry bout the late response. Been busy working. Any ways, I installed the springs. perfect fit. No hassles with installing them. I picked up new grade 8 bolts & u bolts for the job. As far as the questions. The leaf springs came with bushings already installed. I picked up the set with...
  6. T

Hey all. I ordered new leaf springs from a company called Michigan truck springs. They have 2 options on springs one @ $130.00 And another @ $ 80.00 both have same dimensions other than the $80.00 lead having a 1.7” lower arc that the other but also has a load capacity of 1250lbs as opposed to...
  7. T

NEED NEW LEAF SPRINGS

The leafs themselves are shot. They’re original and me living so close to the ocean I guess sped up the process. The company I found online so far has a pretty decent deal. My only question is the difference in the arch. Other than that they are identical. I also have warrior shackles on my...
  8. T

NEED NEW LEAF SPRINGS

Hey all.. It’s been a while since I been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. Ok got a question.. I replaced my cat driver side the other day and gave the under belly a look. One of my leafs are shot. I mean shot the other isn’t that far behind so I’m in the market for new set. Found a...
  9. T

Painted my wheels...

So I was searching CL for a new set of rear tires.. I found a guy in NJ who has a set of 4 new Goodyear fortera 17 inch on stock 04 explorer rims.. Turns out he got a set of 32" on soft 8 blk rims so he was sellin these.. Tires bout 2 months old & still have the nubs on them got all 4 for $250...
  10. T

Factory sub wiring to JVC head unit

Hey ppl I'm new here. I have a 98 Eddie Bauer 5.0 v8 with the premium sound system. I recently had to replace my factory stereo and one speaker so I tossed in 4 kicker ds68 spkrs and a JVC head unit . I used the metra wire harness stereo n spkrs work great I did not wire up the sub. Any one kno...
Back