Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Vibrating tire noise from 25-35 mph, help??

I own a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2 Dr 4x4. I noticed that my front tires are starting to make a howling/vibrating feel/noise. I also noticed that when I turn right it isn't as bad but when I turn left it gets worse. I rubbed my hand over the tires and noticed they are a little chopped up. Could...
  2. J

What to use for custom fender flares?

I own a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2 Door, 4x4, 4.0L. I am from the northwoods of Wisconsin so of course the rear fenders are rusty and ugly. I cannot find fender flares anywhere for this model and don't want to pay $300 either. I'm just posting to see if anyone has any ideas to what I could use...
  3. J

Key Fab for 2001 Ford Explorer Sport

Looking to buy a key fab for my 01 explorer sport 2 door 4x4. Does anybody know what key fab this takes? I know how to program it but not sure if it's the 3 or 4 button one.
  4. J

Improving Gas Mileage

Recently just bought a 2001 2 door Ford Explorer Sport, has the SOHC 4.0L v6, 4x4. Overall pretty satisfied with the vehicle except I was just wondering if anybody knows anything at all to do to boost the MPG just a bit? I know it's a long shot just seeing if anyone has any simple things to do...
  5. J

All you need to know about keyless entry

Thank you! Just re-set mine. This helped greatly!
Back