Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Wheel skins

I couldn't find anything either searching the internet. Having them powdered coated crossed my mind. Also thought about looking for newer explorer rims that are black already. I assume they would fit. These are 18 inch.
  2. M

Wheel skins

Looking for some black wheel skins. 07 mountaineer premier. Are these available anywhere?
  3. M

Replace mountaineer with ???

Have an 07 mountaineer premium with a 4.6. Bought it in 2011 with about 48000 miles. I usually have 2 vehicles. The nice one. I drive on weekends, trips, ect. One i drive to work. I work construction so can't bring myself to park an expensive nice car in them crappy muddy make shift parking...
  4. M

Wanted advice on headlights and wheels

My bad on the dust cover. I Just look your right they don't have them. Maybe its a gmc thing. Just ordered the ones you recommended. Thanks.
  5. M

I assume you leave the dust covers off on the headlights. H10 are the fog lights. Any idea how many watts these draw or amp. Amazon specs says 100 watts
  6. M

P2135 recurring issue

Are they aftermarket? sometimes the sensors in aftermarket parts don't respond as fast. I chased an egr issue i had on a Buick. The aftermarket one couldn't respond fast enough compared to oem. Just a thought.
  7. M

Thanks for the visual.
  8. M

any particular brand you would recommend? thoughts?
  9. M

Would like to update/upgrade my headlights and wheel. Is there replacement led headlight housing? Wheels thinking something black. Same size. Any thoughts or suggestions. I have a red 07 mountaineer premier 4.6L 106,000 miles.
  10. M

led headlights

Very Nice!!!!!!
  11. M

led headlights

So what leds are you using
  12. M

led headlights

Yeah that my be true. But the newer vehicle with factory leds aren't blinding?
  13. M

led headlights

07 mountaineer been thinking about some led headlights. With so many choices out there not sure what to get. Who has them? What did you buy? Pros and Cons? Thanks
  14. M

Climate control codes

Doing the self diagnostic test on 07 mountaineer with automatic duel climate control I have 24 77. Anyone know what those numbers mean.
  15. M

Cabin temp sensor

Lets try wording this differently. I have an 07 mountain with duel climate control. With the ac on. The passenger side will blow cold then say 15-20 minutes later blow warm/hot. Just the passenger side only. Then it might start blowing cold again. Sometimes it will blow cold the whole time...
  16. M

Cabin temp sensor

07 mountaineer with dual climate control. Any one know if there's a interior/cabin temp sensor? Or How does the climate control knows it 70 degrees in the car? Possibly the location for it on both sides. Thanks
  17. M

hvac issue

07 mountaineer 4.6L leather duel climate control. With overhead rear heat / a/c control. Issue is passenger side blowing hot air while drivers side blowing cold air. This is with the a/c on. The air will blow out at defrost, floor, vents, ect. With the duel on adjusting temp from 90 to 60...
  18. M

2010 explorer common issues??

Looking at 10 explorer with 4.0 with 133000 miles. What are the common issues?? Things I should know before I buy!!
  19. M

Need new tires

I just had the bridgestone destination le2 put on mine. When I bought it. It had cooper cs4 on it. I got about 35000 miles out of them and they sucked in the snow. The destination are doing much better in the snow. I am not sure about the life of them only have about 2000 miles on them.
  20. M

CD repair

Update I received the new mechanism today. I ordered it on Monday and received it on Wednesday. cant beat that. Installed it today as well and everything works like new again. I wonder if I could get a little something out of my old one for parts or repair?? 07LTD that radio only has 2...
  21. M

CD repair

Riveinc electronics sold new mechanism for 135 shipped and 90 day warrenty. Or they would have fixed mine for 90. plus shipping there and back so about 120. I called another place in Indiana that guy was crazy on his price 400.
  22. M

2007 Explorer XLT ABS ISSUE, DESPERATE!!

I have had issues with napa speed sensor before in another vehicle. I gave up took it to a shop and they told me napa wheel hubs, speed senors are known for issues. So i replaced it with a different brand 2 years later zero problems.
  23. M

CD repair

In that 2nd link no radio with sub control. Up date. Got a new mechanism from Riveinc electronics.
  24. M

CD repair

Did ford make a single cd player that will fit right in? I think that would be the way to go and get rid of that 6 disk. I need the rear entertainment to work and also needs the sub woofer port. So I have 3 plugs on the back most I see on eBay has 2. Can you make an after market radio work?
  25. M

CD repair

OK I will have to look that guy up on eBay and find out what he gets for a new mechisism. Thanks
Back