Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Shift to Park Warning

Hello Tome. I was surprised to see the switch fail since the switch appeared to be really good quality. It even has a little rubber (or silicone) seal around the tiny pin that gets pressed for the switch action. I am guessing that is just to keep dust and contaminants out. I also thought the...
  2. F

Shift to Park Warning

I had the same intermittent "Shift to Park" problem early this year. My warranty had expired so I figured out how to fix it. It is a pretty simple problem to fix. I noticed that if you are in Park and you look on the dash where the gear indicators are, one gear is red (the selected Park gear)...
  3. F

Ambient Lighting Problems

Ambient Lighting changing to ice blue color on its own. Hi Peter. Thanks for responding. I did see that TSB and I'm sure that it would fix my problem. I didn't make my question very clear though. I was hoping to find out if there would be another future general software or system update...
  4. F

Ambient Lighting Problems

Ambient Lighting changing to ice blue color on its own. Hi folks! After the last MFT update, the few remaining bugs were fixed, but my 2013 Explorer began to do the switch from my selected color to the ice-blue default color after every few drives. It stays on my selected color for a few...
  5. F

So... anyone do any intense offroading yet?

off-road with my explorer I have been really impressed with my 2013 Limited with 4wd (or AWD), whatever they are calling it now. I have a property in the Angeles National Forest and there is a dirt road leading to it that is semi-maintained. It is easy driving for about 1.5 miles and the Ex...
  6. F

Are You a Happy Sport Owner OR.......

I've had my 2013 Explorer Limited v6 4wd for about 7 or 8 months now. I have 14000 miles and I noticed a slight intermittent scent when it was new. It never really bothered me. It was not a smell that I recognized but it was not really that bad. I only really noticed it when I parked it in...
  7. F

How much gas left after the gauge says 0 miles??

I bit the bullet and just tried it. My first post on the forum. Been reading for a while before buying my new EX. Everyone is so helpful, so here are my two cents: I have always liked knowing exactly how much gas I had left especially when driving through the desert and such so a few...
Back