Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

55 watt hids installed

No it doesn't. There is a difference between better performance and what is safe for the driver and other people on the road. The stock projectors are safe and don't need to be changed.
  2. B

55 watt hids installed

There is absolutely no need to change projectors. The stock D3S projectors are fine for the plug and play kits. I did upgrade my projectors to the Hella Evox-r ones from TRS. While a pain to change out, they do give you a much better light distribution with a sharper cutoff.
  3. B

Even Russia loves Livernois tuning!!!

They look the same because the scaling is different. just check out the two scales on each side and you'll see. This is a good example of how dyno graphs can be misleading. The Torque is listed in N-M. So the peak 524 torque is 386 FT/LB. Also notice the values are uncorrected. This...
  4. B

Torque App

If you want a superior tool check out the Scantool MX. It is a OBD2 bluetooth dongle like the cheap ones on amazon, but better quality. I have one and I think it's well worth the $99. The scan tool does not use the ELM327 chip like all the cheap ones. It uses an STN1110 which is 10x faster...
  5. B

So How Do We Get 450Hp Out of a Sport

Having done those mods to your flex do you know what the limiting factor is on the stock setup to get ~450awhp? I'm guessing the turbos would need an upgrade but what are the limits of the stock fuel system? My friends 335 has a similar fuel setup with an in-tank low pressure feed to the...
  6. B

One Side HID Not Working

Have you tried swapping the relays themselves? If that doesn't work it sounds like a possible harness issue.
  7. B

Fixed my HIDs to work on Auto

I'm currently running EVOX-R projectors, Morimoto 50W ballasts, and matching D2S bulbs in my '13 Sport. I got all this from TRS along with their relay harness. I've had an issue with my passenger side bulb not igniting when I start the car in the dark. This is with my light switch on...
  8. B

Cross traffic is almost worthless

It's not just you. Mine does the same thing. At least in this case compared to BLIS, i only get false positives. I have not seen an issue where a car was coming and it didn't alert me. However, just like the BLIS, the range makes it kinda useless. It only has some value in a parking lot...
  9. B

BLIS almost worthless

I agree, the BLIS system is worthless as implemented by Ford. I always have to look over my shoulder which is a habit anyway. My light only comes on when a car is close to my rear door. If a car is at my rear fender and in my blindspot the light doesn't come on. The first time(and last time)...
  10. B

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

It is not uncommon to have a diameter mismatch between the wheel and hub. Its common when using aftermarket wheels. The solution is to find the proper centering ring. They are plastic and just used to "help" align the wheel during installation. A set is usually less than $20. I agree with...
  11. B

Which Headlight HID Kit???

I have the Retrofit Source kit on my '13 sport. I opted for the morimoto ballasts. They do have a lifetime warranty, which I did have to use since the ballasts would not fire up frequently. I would have to cycle the switch 4-5 times to get them to fire. However, my replacements are working...
  12. B

2015 Ford Explorer Sport Performance not as good as MKT

No, All 3.5 ecoboost motors(SHO, MKT, EX Sport, F150, etc) use high pressure direct injection. You are getting confused over marketing material. the MKT sales flier might mention direct injection while the explorer one does not. This does not mean the explorer does not have direct...
  13. B

2015 Ford Explorer Sport Performance not as good as MKT

I have a Livernois tune and am very pleased with it. I also bought it before the SCT was available. If I had the choice now I would go SCT. I've used SCT for all my mustang tuning and most dyno tuners in my area all use the SCT platform. The two big upsides of the SCT device: 1. Its...
  14. B

They will fit. The same motorcraft rotor part#s are called out on the 2010 MKT and the 2014 Explorer sport. Given its the same platform and use the same brakes the wheels are interchangeable.
  15. B

I did. I picked up a set of 18x9 wheels and blizzak tires. The wheels were alloys on clearance, the blizzaks were 1 season used on craigslist, and i grabbed 4 sensors from rockauto. In the end I had a full setup for $650.
  16. B

2013 Limited Ds2 Retrofit

I originally had the full 9005 kit to install in my stock projectors(factory halogen). I then swapped to EVOX-R projectors, D2S bulbs and ballasts, I used the harness from the original kit. I did not need any splitters for high beams. My stock halogen high beam wires plugged directly into the...
  17. B

Sport wheel lock part #

Not sure if those are for the sport or not. If you are looking to by, just by a set from Mcgard. The ford ones are just rebranded mcgards at double the price. I bought these for my sport. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COTX2U/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  18. B

Rotor Corrosion

From what I've read the explorer is hard on the rear brakes, has to do with the AWD system and traction control. I would steer clear of autozone parts(durajunk). Their rotors and pads are garbage. The ford Rotors and pads are superior to duralast. If you want to go OEM replacements, I...
  19. B

Performance Modification work in Northeast

Have you looked into Tasca Ford in RI? They have a performance shop and do all sorts of ecoboost performance upgrades. They might even be able to tune with the new SCT device.
  20. B

14 EB Sport is a TURD!!

I get what you are saying. I agree it is a turd stock. The ECU torque management and the "non-sport" shift schedule make it feel a lot less than 365HP. Unfortunately those cannot be cured without a tune which would void the warranty most likely.
  21. B

1/4 Mile Run Times

I know alot of BMW guys are getting more out of their high pressure pump by upgrading the intank feed pump and then increasing the actual low pressure. Apparently this makes the high pressure pump able to push mush more fuel. I wonder if this would work on the EB.
  22. B

No Tire Pressure Readout?

The explorer uses a standard sensor that transmits the data. The explorer is the same as your BMW, the info is there but the programmers chose not to display it. I carry a gauge too. I agree, TPMS is not necessary and i wish i could choose not to have it. However, since its installed and...
  23. B

No Tire Pressure Readout?

The implementation of the TPMS system is awful on the explorer. The vehicle has the sensors, the ECU has the data, but they chose not to display it. Whats worse is you have to program each wheel to its position, yet when you have a low tire the system won't tell you which one it is. Sometimes...
  24. B

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

I had suspected this was the issue. If that's the case then I don't even need to upshift in that situation if it does it for me at 6k.
  25. B

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I had this tracking issue when I changed from stock to winter tires/wheels which has a slight diameter change. Disconnecting the battery fixed it for me. Again when I changed from Winter back to Stock the tracking was off again. A second time a battery disconnect fixed my problem. I've never...
Back