Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Upgraded turbos being released!

Those are pretty awesome but it's slightly misleading to just offer turbos up as stock replacements. There are a lot of supporting mods that would be required to maximize the potential of these turbos, such extra fueling, intercooling, plumbing(hard pipes) tuning downpipe and exhaust mods etc...
  2. 2

1/4 Mile Run Times

Not comparing apples to apples though. They are running downpipes and exhaust. Of course that's going to make a significant difference. It is impressive how these Sports are responding to mods!
  3. 2

1/4 Mile Run Times

Damnit! This isn't what I needed to see today! Must resist!!
  4. 2

EX Sport: comparison of tunes

My opinion is that there are too many variables and too much evolution in these tunes to do a head to head comparison like this. One tuner is in south Florida and one is in Michigan where the weather differences alone can create huge differences. Both companies are VERY reputable and...
  5. 2

1/4 Mile Run Times

I'd be curious to see what the more aggressive tune does in better weather. As much as I want my explorer to be quick, I'm not interested in changing the intercooler or adding meth. This vehicle won't see enough track or street abuse to warrant the extra hardware. I'll be ordering my tune...
  6. 2

1/4 Mile Run Times

Any updates from track?
  7. 2

1/4 Mile Run Times

I'm watching closely! Finger on the trigger!
  8. 2

Some Ecoboost V6 mods I'm doing

Squash Performance: I used their double pump in tank setup on my TT G8 GXP. Andy makes a very nice unit. I converted my returnless setup into a return setup. It worked flawlessly. I was running twin Aeromotive 340s and ID750s. I was at 705whp running 34% duty cycle. I give Squash much...
  9. 2

First passes in my Sport tonight at Royal Purple

I went around the waterbox as much as I could. I'll be taking it back with 93, traction control off and more time. I'm confident that mid to low 14s can be had!
  10. 2

Lowering the Explorer

I'd like to see a sport lowered.
  11. 2

Yeah thanks! I figured it out yesterday when I got home.
  12. 2

I didn't brake boost it very hard. As far as turning traction control off...how do I do this? Putting it in sand mode? Or is there a seperate traction control button or control?
  13. 2

On the launch I had left foot in the brake and right foot on the gas and bucked the sport up just a little and dumped the gas as soon as I took off. I don't think this yielded the best results. I bogged out if the hole pretty good, hence the 2.3 60. I wish j could have made about 4 or 5...
  14. 2

Well I made it out there last night. It was really packed. I got my one pass and left. See the slip below: This pass was with 1/2 tank, 87 octane. I left the line in sand mode and switched to normal mode after leaving the line. I'm not sure if this was the best way to run. Seemed like...
  15. 2

1/4 Mile Run Times

I'm thinking about making a set of downpipes for mine too, just like you're talking about but don't know how much I'll benefit without being able to tune.
  16. 2

Any Houston area peeps here? I'll be running my sport tonight at RPR. I'd like to see some mid 14s out of it in bone stock trim! We'll see how it goes. I'll post results.
  17. 2

1/4 Mile Run Times

Good info here. I've actually been following your progress on one of the other forums. If the weather me decent I plan to run my sport tomorrow night. It's still bone stock.
  18. 2

Cobb Tuning

I put some 93 in mine the other day and it seems to feel much stronger. Sand mode doesn't use all the gears? I haven't played much with it.
  19. 2

Cobb Tuning

If you look at the curve that the Livernois tune gives you, you would most definitely feel that power on the XSPORTs. People tend to be concerned with peak power, however, if you look at where Livernois made their power, it's all usable power in the place where the XSPORT needs it the most...
  20. 2

Ruby sport has arrived!!

Well, just short of 9 weeks after being ordered our Ruby Red Sport has arrived. Many thanks to Crystal for the updates! These are just a couple of iPhone pics I snapped. I'll get some hi res pics tomorrow.
  21. 2

Mechanical failure with Union Pacific railroad!!!!!

Still sux. Still waiting with no solid information or relief in sight. Crystal has been a great help and so has my dealer but neither can tell me when my Xsport will actually be on its way and or arrive at my dealer. I know I should be patient. I just hit the 8 week mark yesterday 3/9. It's...
  22. 2

Mechanical failure with Union Pacific railroad!!!!!

My Xsport had an eta of March 4th. I checked with my dealer today and he send me some info saying that there was a mechanical failure with Union Pacific railroad that had delayed my delivery! That sux. Dealer says this could add 1.5 weeks. I know it's not anyone's fault, it's just...
  23. 2

2013 Explorer Sport Ruby Red Ordered

I'm eagerly awaiting my Ruby Red Sport too. It has been built and is in transit. I'm being old 1st week of March. I hope it arrives sooner than later!
Back