Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Tire size and Transmission

So I decided to go with the General Grabber at2 255/65/17 from the stock size 245/65/17 which isn't a huge increase. However I now notice that my shifting is not as smooth and the points are definitely off. So I may be going to the dealership to reprogram for a larger tire size and obviously set...
  2. C

Who's in NJ? Where?

What's going on guys. I live in Middletown, monmouth county.
  3. C

Need help deciding. Its a tire thread.

I don't want to, nor do I plan on lifting the truck. That's why I'm hesitent to push those limits with the tire size. I hear mixed stories about maxing out the tires with no rubbing in a stock w/ no lift, both good and bad. So idk what to do when it comes to the size now. lol
  4. C

Chopper21's 2003 Eddie Ex

Ty, just painted all the pillars matte black yesterday.
  5. C

Thank you all so much for the input. I'm going to do a littile more pricing and research, but it seems that I am now between the nitto and the general. However the size still concerns me because on this forum i see alot of people that do not have issue with 265/75/R17 or 265/70. However...
  6. C

So I've been looking around at tires for the past week or so. I drive a 2003 Ford EX EB v6. No lift. I think ill be able to fit 265/65/17 in there with no rubbing, however I am having issues selecting a tire and was wondering if you guys had any input. I've narrowed it down to 3 tires so far...
  7. C

Chopper21's 2003 Eddie Ex

My 2003 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer (V6). Started doing work on my baby before I became a member of the community. So unfortunately I did not take any before pics, but the work done to her so far isn't that substantial. Rims, bug guard, and grille all painted matt black with plastidip. Plans...
  8. C

2003 EX - EB 3rd brake light.

03 EX - EB: I'm looking for a 3rd brake light replacement, preferably LED. However, in my search I have only found either replacement OEM 3rd brake lights or LED ones that do not have a space for the washer fluid dispenser. So what I'm looking for is an alternative for the 3rd brake like that...
Back