Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Combined Recalls for 2011 - 2019 Explorer models

I am happy to report that the info on the SSM 33415 was exactly what they needed. They fixed it up in no time. And so far no smell. I'm going to wait until I run a tank of gas through it and fill it up again before I fully celebrate, but this is a major improvement. Thanks everyone!
  2. H

Combined Recalls for 2011 - 2019 Explorer models

Fuel Smell Well, my Sport, too, has become one of the smelly. We made the mistake of having the fuel module recall work done and now every time we fill it up we have a terrible gasoline smell outside of the vehicle until the fuel tank is less than half. Sheehy in Gaithersburg has tried on...
  3. H

1/4 Mile Run Times

Wow! That's just with SS, plugs gapped and the intake mod, right?
  4. H

Price paid for sport explorer

Bought a Silver Ignot on Oct 1 off the lot. 402A, Adaptive Cruise, BLIS, Bench Seat, Moonroof, Tow Package, All Weather Mats, Cargo Area Mat, & Cross bars. Sticker was 52K, OTD price was 46.5K with 7yr/100k mile extended warranty and enviroguard paint/interior protection treatment/plan (I...
  5. H

Seat coolers

Hi Sgt, Did you fix your issue with the coold seats not coming on with remote start? Did the APIM replacement fix do that? I am having the same problem, but with the heated seats. Thanks,
  6. H

Silver Sport Cosmetic Mods

Nice! I love the way the silver and black go together on this vehicle. If you tint the driver's windows you get a great wrap around affect.
  7. H

Goodbye Blue Ovals!

Its not $60. It comes out to like $35 or something after shipping. You only pay once for the Emblems, it comes with both front and back. The steering wheel is another purchase. Unless they changed something.
  8. H

Hood Lettering

The letters on my Silver Sport are matte Black. Here's a pic.
  9. H

Goodbye Blue Ovals!

Yes, these are the Black/Chrome. Its gel overlay, basically a soft plastic with an adhesive on the back. I doubt it would ruin the emblem underneath. My only concern is how strong the adhesive is and how long that will last.
  10. H

Goodbye Blue Ovals!

Yep, that's the one. Its a gel overlay. The steering wheel and rear are perfect. The front is slightly too small (maybe 1 mm) but its not noticeable unless you're nose is right on it. Shipping takes a while.
  11. H

Goodbye Blue Ovals!

Converted my Blue Ford emblems. I think I'm satisfied.
  12. H

Plasti dipped grille

Looks nice. I like your truck's Blue body color. I wish they offered that option for the Sport.
  13. H

Alternative Download location for MFT Update 3.5.1

Firewall problem OK. I figured out the problem. All along my firewall was blocking both the PDF and SMR download. Here's the PDF TSB link again, for anyone who needs it h t t p s ://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257774/tsb12-11-01.pdf
  14. H

Alternative Download location for MFT Update 3.5.1

Hi all, I have been trying for days to download the current update for the MFT using the SMR site and I cannot get past the ActiveX part. I have tried using IE8 and IE7. I think the security on my PCs does not like it. Is there an alternative link? Like a direct download? I think there was...
  15. H

Vendor for Standard Explorer Parts?

I thought the intercooler was at the bottom of the truck, behind that cut out in the black plastic piece beneath the bumper (I think its called the air dam?). I am hearing what you are saying. There is definitely better airflow with the Sport grille which may be necessary to support the...
  16. H

Thanks, that is actually super useful advice. I dunno, I was thinking I wanted something more unique.
  17. H

Anyone know if there is a reliable vendor for trim pieces for the standard Explorers? I want to convert my Sport to a an XLT. So, I'd be looking for the grille mainly. I think I can chrome paint the other parts.
  18. H

New to the forum

Welcome. You can't go wrong with blacked out everything on these explorers.
  19. H

New product added, 2013 Explorer lettering

OK. Yeah, I was thinking they looked pretty thin the last time I was washing/waxing. In the past I just used heat and fishing line for removal. I guess the good news is you can always order more if you break them.. :)
  20. H

New product added, 2013 Explorer lettering

I have a question about the lettering. On both the stock lettering on our Sports and the lettering that is being sold, its just your typical adhesive holding this stuff on? Like our badges? So we could remove and reapply later down the road?
  21. H

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Thanks for the post. I am interested in this as well. I am considering CAI and CAT-Back aftermarket upgrades to improve sound and performance. I think we should also add as a topic, what the ramifications of these aftermarket modifications will be on performance. I thought I saw that early...
Back