Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 7

The Explorer can drift! In the right conditions.

I live in Pittsburgh, can you send this book to every driver please :)
  2. 7

The Explorer can drift! In the right conditions.

Looks like fun. My kids love when I do this with them in the car.
  3. 7

'14 Explorer Limited 4WD

I had no issues with the stock tires in my Sport on the hills of Pittsburgh during the last 2-4 inches of snow we got this weekend. It is not as good as the Grand Cherokee the sport replaced but it does well. I could stop and start on the hills without issue. And the tires are the factory...
  4. 7

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

Not if he is going through the mountains... This MPG talk is meaningless, there are about 11ty billion factors that can affect fuel mileage. No, you probably don't get as many MPG as the next guy on the internet... No, you don't have anything wrong with your vehicle... :salute:
  5. 7

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

It kinda sounds like you are whining... :D compare real world numbers to others in your area who drive like you do, not to consumer reports.
  6. 7

Jeep Grand Cherokee vs Explorer

I had a 2011 Grand Cherokee and even with the crappy stock Latitude tires it was a lot better in bad weather and mud than the Explorer. I blame that on ice and poor driving skill. It wasn't the vehicle IMO.
  7. 7

How to get better Gas Mileage?

find an 18 wheeler truck and draft it. get about 5 feet from the back of it and stay there. :)
  8. 7

Ford explorer or JGC

I had a JGC with the HEMI and now have a Sport. The Jeep is much better off road and the Sport is better on the road. Both suck for gas mileage but the Jeep sucks more. The Sport is noticeably faster when merging and passing. If you do any off-roading get the Jeep, the Explorer will probably...
  9. 7

Shift Speed Tap up Tap Down

My 2013 Explorer Sport will shift in manual mode by itself and yet my 2014 2.0 ecoboost Fusion will hold the gear in manual mode. It just bounces off the rev limiter like it is supposed to. :) I have never accidentally hit the paddle when turning. I rarely use the paddles though. The...
  10. 7

Thinking of trading my '13 sport for a new '15

I get bored real quick with cars. I love the 13 Sport I have but have over a year left on the lease and am already looking for my next one. This is my first lease but I seem to like it so far, we'll see how it works out when the lease is up. On another note, my investments are doing better...
  11. 7

interceptor badge on hood

The police interceptors around here are white with a black grill, exactly the same as my sport. I always back into my driveway when my kids are out playing in the street, it does make a difference in the speed of the cars on the road.
  12. 7

interceptor badge on hood

I had a 2005 Crown Vic before and now have the white sport. Everyone thinks both of these are cop cars. Both of them are/were completely stock. The good is that everyone gets out of your way on the highway, it's like a parting of the Red Sea when going on vacation. The bad is that...
  13. 7

When is the last time you looked at your owners manual

the Explorer comes with an owners manual? :) Never looked at it. Dealer does everything on mine since I lease, it's free, so why not.
  14. 7

Explorer with 3 kids

I have 3 kids and an Explorer Sport with the bench seat. My kids are 12, 10, and 6 years old with the little one being in a booster seat still. They fit fine in the middle row and only climb in the back every once in a while. If you have 3 kids and travel, having that kid in the 3rd row...
  15. 7

Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims?

LOL I spend an hour or so in a parking lot with some cones when I buy something new to figure out where the car ends. :) Cones are cheap and don't scratch like walls, curbs, and other cars do.
  16. 7

Rock Chips 2014 Sport

LOL - x2 maybe the OP should get some of those for the window so it never gets hit with anything either. :)
  17. 7

Rock Chips 2014 Sport

I dumped a gallon of paint on the carpet and it won't come out. I can't believe Ford would put such cheap carpet in these things... :)
  18. 7

Is anyone satisfied with their sport?

I am satisfied with my Sport. I have a 13 with about 16K miles on it now on a lease. No real complaints. MFT has never let me down and I like the sound of the stereo. Rides nice and is quiet when the family is in it. It is just about as fast as my brothers f250 diesel but that is so loud...
  19. 7

Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims?

my wife hit a curb while I was at work and it was somehow my fault. :) Same type of thing, flat front tire and both passenger side wheels messed up. Insurance covered all of it and I got the wheels from the shop for $50. They are at a repair place now and I will be selling them when I get...
  20. 7

14 EB Sport is a TURD!!

Mine 2013 Sport feels slower now but I think its just because I got used to it. I don't notice the torque steer anymore and catch myself mumbling that I wish it was faster. But then someone in a VW or a civic tries to pass me and I realize what I am driving. :)
  21. 7

Eco Boost vs V6 for towing

I know and usually wouldn't carry around that much. But I am the type that if it is there, I will use it. I would be tempted to load it up and see how close I could get to the max weight. :) :) I usually only have an extra ton of stuff when we go camping for a week and am still looking for...
  22. 7

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

because someone's feelings may get hurt, and you just can't do that in 2014. :) :salute:
  23. 7

Caliper Covers for Sport

White is a much better color for the sport, I can't believe you bought Black. How lame. And caliper covers, welcome to 1992 Honda's. And I am also pretty sure my tires are also better than yours also! /sarcasm :D
  24. 7

I Installed Tip-Tronic Shift In My '14 Sport

hahahaha ignorant people who think they are better than someone else because they drive around a track makes me embarrassed to own an explorer. :) and wasn't the response about an "Emergency maneuver" - in that case 2 hands are much better than 1. Racing and experience should have taught...
Back