Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Well they ended up totaling my explorer:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:..... so this is the new ride.
  2. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yeah it held up pretty well! I was impressed since the other car was pretty beat up. She ran the light to make a left turn onto i-10 and it was too late. Im just a little soar from stiffening my arms and legs for impact but thats it. The whole back hatch got blown out aswell since i had another...
  3. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

:mad: :( Friday night was a bad night for my explorer.
  4. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

No body lift, and the tires scubbed a good bit at first. I ziptied the plastics in the wheel-wells back and trimmed the inside of the fenders a little and its good to go driving forward but still scrubs when all the weight is on one side and at points when reversing. The problem is i have a wide...
  5. J

Replacement stereo with factory DVD?

So did it work? I still havent fixed mine yet.
  6. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Thanks! Its a BTF spacer lift in the front and nothing in the back. Its a 2.25 inch spacer which i think gave me about 3.5inches of lift. The tires are 33x12.5x20.
  7. J

18x9 fuel full blown rims?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400858&page=2 Heres a link to some info and pictures of my rim and tire set up. My rims are 20x9 with a -12 offset with 12.5 inch wide tires. My rims themselves sit even with my fenders.
  8. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yeah ive seen those brushgaurds but for the price i was worried it wouldnt be the best quality, how do you like it? Yeah whats the point of looking good if you cant use it how you want. I wouldnt mind a little more lift but not sure if i want to fork out 1000 for 2 more inches.(struts/ucas)...
  9. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yeah ive seen those brushgaurds but for the price i was worried it wouldnt be the best quality, how do you like it? Yeah whats the point of looking good if you cant use it how you want. I wouldnt mind a little more lift but not sure if i want to fork out 1000 for 2 more inches.(struts/ucas)...
  10. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Thanks! :rolleyes: I want a brushgaurd too, now that ive seen one on a pretty similar ex. Can i get a little info on where you got it from and for how much? What type of lift and size tires are on yours? It looks great!
  11. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Wow howd you do it looks pretty good! Still waiting on pics of the lightbar setup.
  12. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Thinking about getting a lightbar like the one on itsgerson's roof rack and some chrome and black or just black Aviator mirrors thoughts?
  13. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Itsgerson, Its came a long way! What size light bar did you get on your roofrack and how did you mount it?
  14. J

To get the rims or to not get the rims

They came on my explorer, i liked them. They looked really clean for stock rims.
  15. J

33x12.50r20 os -12 with btf spacers?

Heres a few i snapped on the way out this morning.
  16. J

Heres a few i snapped on the way out this morning.
  17. J

Haha sorry for the wait! If youre buying brand new tires and a set of rims with a width of 9 in. and a -12 os i would go with an 33x11.5 or smaller if you do mind trimming. If you dont it looks like ill have to pull the back of the fender well forward, grind a tad of whatever it is behind it...
  18. J

The key side isnt stripped the adaptor (i think 13/16?) side is stripped. It also accommodates 3/4, problem is trying to find one skinny enough to fit in the tiny laftermarket lug nut holes.
  19. J

Well, put the spacers on in the front tonight, got the new wheel setup put on the front then my locking lugnut key got stripped out. Lol the front is finished still have to do the rear. Yes, there is rubbing. I wont be doing any tight u-turns until i do some trimming. Hopefully ill be able to...
  20. J

claims of 25 mpg with tune and exaust in an 04 AWD v8?

:DI didnt buy this truck for its mpg. Im not expecting 25, im skeptical of his claim. But it did get me thinking about moderate mpg gains among other benefits with these mods. Id love to se 21 on my readout! Isnt your ex is lowered with lopro tires?
  21. J

Cobra Rims

Umm...
  22. J

What were you getting prior to? What gears does your ex have?
  23. J

Ronin8002 1-2 would be nice,but im not sure thatd be cost effective. Fr0st m0nkey No ive got my 265x18 setup on right now. The 33x12.5x20s wont be on until the lift is on. Colintrax Haha that may be true. Id love to see low 20s, but 25 seems a little high.
Back