Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Nitrous for the first time....

Honestly a dart/R/boss/a4 etc. with some savy shopping will only add $1200-1800 to the initial build if starting from scratch............thats still a hard pill to swallow but worth it down the road.............i'm all about stock block stuff myself being a poor boy lol............the can hold...
  2. M

Nitrous for the first time....

I'd also add that the 450hp=12.5 can be a little misleading.....D/A will play a role even though you're bringing your own atmosphere and nobody ever seems to mention stall converters? That will be one of the big factors also.........and how much the truck actually weighs in race mode...hard to...
  3. M

opening up factory header/manifold on 5.0

Nice work..............would be very curious to see some performance comparisons like dyno or track times............headers are f'n retarded expensive for these things.........my wife wants to hop hers up a little but the TM header prices kill me and good luck finding old FMS ones...........
  4. M

F303 cam swap

Very cool project! To bad its not a drag truck lol............
  5. M

Custom Air Intake Gain

Then thats a chitty running fox or he didnt know you were racing lol..........i own 6 5.0 foxes currently and have owned 25-30 over the years and no way is a stockish 5.0 mounty/x outrunning one.....not even the pathetic aod/2.73 combos of which i've owned 2...........no offense i love my wifes...
  6. M

1996 awd 5.0 v8 explorer - Performance mods?

Nitrous lol.............i hate recommending it, especially if someone is inexperienced with it but bang for the buck its hard to beat on something with minimal "cheap" mods available.......... as has been mentioned a trillion times it just sucks how bad the exhaust is on these things and how...
  7. M

75mm BBK throttle body problems

Ever get this figured out?
  8. M

Official ET/MPH List

Fair enough............just thought since there is "proof" via video that it would be okay.....wasnt aware it had to be submitted by the owner only? I'm just a drag guy and the few guys who have hotrodded these things are few and far between so having info or their name associated with the list...
  9. M

Official ET/MPH List

Shouldnt TROLL be on the list? Reading back some old post i'm sure there's other guys from the early 2000's that should/could be on here....... 7.20@95 11.65@85 on the brakes 4600+ lbs 96 Explorer V8 2WD 347 ci, Vortech S-Trim Supercharger Pro-M Mass Air Meter, Custom Headers, Canfield Heads...
  10. M

Old 5.0'r new member...........

Probably just a filter or homemade CAI and some exhaust uprades............maybe a tune down the road.............. i'll take it to my local 1/8th. mile track this fall just to see what it will run and probably get it on the dyno for fun next year...............again, we both really like it as...
  11. M

Yes i have perused the need for speed section lol...................Really like this little truck:)
  12. M

Official ET/MPH List

The syclone and typhoon had 4.3's:) Shame more guys arent into hotrodding these things.............i'm going to try and sneak the mountaineer up to the 1/8th. mile track once the weather cools down:thumbsup:
  13. M

Have lurked on this site off and on as i'm a ford guy and have always liked the little 5.0 explorer/mountaineer but never owned one or really "needed" one. I've always had a ford truck and a load of fox mustangs (currently have 5) but my fiances suburban has gotten a lot of miles on it and she...
Back