Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I have a WeatherTech rear cargo protector in black for sale. Link HH
  2. H

For Sale Cargo Liner '11 - '15 Explorer - WeatherTech

Last Price Drop Ok, gotta move this. $50 + actual shipping. PM me.
  3. H

Price lowered... $90.00 + shipping. PayPal accepted with gift indicated. HH
  4. H

This is a relatively new WeatherTech BLACK cargo liner that has only been used for less than 7 months. It fits behind the second row of seats. Retail is $120 plus shipping. This one is $50 plus actual shipping to your location. Private messages will be returned in order of receipt...
  5. H

Running an OCC (Oil Catch Can) on the 3.5L Ecoboost

Mounting the Can? Ok, so where is this designed to be mounted? Pictures of the X Sport kit and braided lines and off-road oil breather fill cap would be appreciated. Installation instructions with pictures would also help those of us deciding if they want to do this modification. Is the...
  6. H

2013 Sport - Door Unlock Sensor Stopped Working

With the 302A package, there is the remote door unlock feature. When the doors are locked, you walk up with the key fob in proximity and touch the back of the door handle and the doors unlock. The driver door unlock function stopped working on my 7 month old Sport on Wednesday...
  7. H

Key Fob - Where are the Receiver(s) located on the EX?

Correct, it was not the sun shade but the metal coatings on my office window that were affecting the distance that the fob acutally worked. The sunshade had nothing to do with it. HH
  8. H

shark fin

Looks like all the other photos. Instructions said to apply when temperature is 70 degrees or use a hairdryer to warm up the metal roof. Too cold out to do it now so will wait until it warms up a bit. HH
  9. H

shark fin

USPS tracking says it was delivered today. Will have to see what's in the mailbox when I get home. HH
  10. H

Looks like it's the bronze metal coating on the office windows. I can start the EX from almost 80 feet away when I'm outside but it has to be parked right under the office window (less than 10 feet) to receive the start signal from inside. Live and learn. HH
  11. H

shark fin

Received 2 e-mails today. One was to tell me that the white antenna was available and a second was a PayPal invoice. Payment was made this morning so we'll see how long it takes to get here. HH
  12. H

shark fin

E-Mail sent Today Will see where this one goes. Last one did not get a response so will try again. sales@visualgarage.com HH
  13. H

Thanks for the responses. There is a iPod Nano (the smallest one) plugged into the USB port under the rotating cover at the front of the center console. That is the only thing plugged in. Bought the vehicle July 26, 2013. Hopefully, the batteries will last longer than 3 months. Trying to...
  14. H

Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims?

Tire Rack technician says the MD14 will not fit the Explorer. It won't clear the brakes and suspension pieces. Dang. That is a good looking wheel and very close to the Sport wheel design. This is what is being considered for a set of 18" wheels to mount some snow tires, Moda MD15's...
  15. H

As the title asks, where are the radio frequency signal receivers located on the Explorer? Using the heavy-duty CoverCraft USV100 windshield shade, it blocks a majority of the light coming into the car from the front. It tucks up closely underneath the rear view mirror. (see picture below)...
  16. H

Front Piece Falling off 2013 Explorer

First Service Experience Well it's only taken three days to replace the plastic thread insert. I called this morning and the service writer answered. I provided the RO number and asked for the status on the repairs. She didn't respond for the next 5 minutes. I could hear her talking but it...
  17. H

UPDATE: Was contacted by my local Ford Service coordinator, Paul and a case was opened. I made a service appointment (the earliest date was 5 days away) and the Limited was dropped off at Avis Ford this morning at 7:35 AM. The warranty case number and service coordinator phone number were...
  18. H

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

Tire discussion (including winter tires) in this thread (<-- click). BC
  19. H

3.5L Ecoboost... Pros-Cons?

We bought my wife the 2013 Explorer Limited in November and I was driving a 2010 Lincoln MKX (the sister vehicle to the Ford Edge). After having the Limited for 8 months, she really, really liked it. So much that I never got to drive it! So the Lincoln was traded in on the Explorer Sport...
  20. H

Yeah. Over this past weekend, saw a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 that was running 295/45/20 Pirelli's on that vehicle's stock rims. Looked nice! 255/50/20's are the stock tire and fit on the 9" wide Sport rims.... Looking at a 285/40/20 or 295/40/20 but don't want them to rub up front...
  21. H

What are the widest tires that will fit on the Sport 20" rims? Fit is also critical as they cannot rub on the fender wells when turning. Thanks in Advance. HH
  22. H

The same thing happened with my '13 Limited that has the towing package. The guys at the oil change place found it hanging down, couldn't fix the thread insert that goes into the frame and asked if I wanted it removed so it wouldn't fall off in traffic. Will be taking it into the dealership...
Back