Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Fordsgalore4

2.9 to 4.0 swap

Oh sweet good I was not going to even go there swapping dashes thank you
  2. Fordsgalore4

2.9 to 4.0 swap

I been reading tons of threads about doing the 4.0 swap since my 1986 Ranger's 2.9 has 200,000 miles on it and the trans once again hadsdied Imok with the wiring and what not but seems like everyone sawps over the dash for the 91-94 Explorer/Ranger but I want to retain the factory 86 dash to...
  3. Fordsgalore4

Ford Ranger wire harness

I need to repair or replace the engine wire harness from the ECU to the engine
  4. Fordsgalore4

Ford Ranger wire harness

I got a 1986 Ranger with the 2.9l Auto trans does anyone else having major Engine Wiring problems turns out I need to replace or somehow repair my old one but I have had not luck over the passed month and over a dozen junk yards does any one know a place that I can order one ? so I can get my...
  5. Fordsgalore4

86 ranger Cooling system

It tuned out to be the 17 inch blade its all back together but still running a bit warm would a 91-94 explorer radiator fit ? It looks to be the same all I have is the single row right now and I Do have working ac
  6. Fordsgalore4

Wanted STX Ranger/Bronco II Rims and front Brush Guard

Ya I no I been looking if I don't find one that's factory I'll just not get the bumper I seen the rims all over the place but I seen to never jump on them the junk yard wants to much all ready and still have to pay to have the tires removed
  7. Fordsgalore4

I really want to hold out for the factory black steel guard I want to recreate the STX package from the factory to my 86 XLT and I was thinking about that one when I was on the list a few days ago
  8. Fordsgalore4

For Sale 1354M Transfer Case and Shifter

Oh snap that's a great idea I would rather have it that way thank you for the info
  9. Fordsgalore4

I'm looking for a set of STX rims for a Ranger / Bronco II and Front brush guard I cant pay shipping or super high prices for the parts my budget is 100 less or free for the rims and about a 80 for the bumper and I have to stay in the Southern California area
  10. Fordsgalore4

For Sale 1354M Transfer Case and Shifter

if you still have the part number for that bushing I just bought the hole set up from a junk yard and that part is shot
  11. Fordsgalore4

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

My 86 199,000 miles still building and fixing previous owners doings
  12. Fordsgalore4

1986 Ranger Transmisson

any and all help will be fantastic Iv come to the conclusion that it might be a converter or the little shift solenoid or the ECM but im not sure
  13. Fordsgalore4

1986 Ranger Transmisson

I got a problem with my 1986 Ranger its 4x4 with a 2.9l. So here it goes the little two wire plug for the lock up I can only drive the truck with that unplugged if I hook it up and try and shift it into gear it will stall right away or if I can get it into gear ill will drive great and out of no...
  14. Fordsgalore4

86 ranger Cooling system

ok sweet I'm liking the Flexalite blade ill have to check the size of mine
  15. Fordsgalore4

86 ranger Cooling system

I just bought a 86 ranger 2.9 4x4 and no shocker its over heating it needs a new fan blade but I can no longer buy one new and no junk yards have good ones. So I was wondering if a 91-94 explorer or ranger 4.0 fan blade and clutch would fit along with the bigger radiator or any other combo any...
  16. Fordsgalore4

Front Diff

Ok thank you its all filled up and ready for its 5 cross country trip within a year
  17. Fordsgalore4

Front Diff

Im leaving to Ohio from southern California in a few days for a Death in the family and I just noticed my Front Diff on my 2001 is leaking from the driver side axle seal I just want to check the level and top off if needed were and how do you do that with it being so close to the cross member
  18. Fordsgalore4

1983 Ford E250 4X4

Ya it did not sell so I took it off for a break
  19. Fordsgalore4

1996 Ford Aerostar

Its time to sell my van hate to see it go it the best running car I own but I need the space so here it is my posting on Craigslist here in Southern CA http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4772198199.html
  20. Fordsgalore4

1983 Ford E250 4X4

She is still for sale taking offers on her needs a new home to make from for a new to me RV
  21. Fordsgalore4

Ranger Front End Body Swap

ok I was hopping they do but wanted to make sure
  22. Fordsgalore4

Type of fuel injectors

OH my bad here is the link new injectors and the kits to rebuild your old ones rebuild is supper easy and saves a ton of money as long as the injector test good
  23. Fordsgalore4

1983 Ford E250 4X4

I have for sale is a 83 Ford E250 4x4 460 C6 NP205 runs drives stops and goes clean title and current CA non op here is my Craigslist add for it PM email call or text PM email or text is best http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4667082641.html
  24. Fordsgalore4

Ranger Front End Body Swap

I looking at buying a ranger but I'm in love with the first gen rangers with the glass sealed beams but I want EFI king cab 4x4 and so that only leaves me with two years to go on So I was wondering if it can get a 89-92 ranger and convert the front end to the 83-88 ranger with only bolt on...
  25. Fordsgalore4

Solved Air bag light code number 21.

went to the junk yard to day and they any 30 bucks for the box so for now I'm going to take the box apart and remove the little speaker inside it and then pull the air bag light in till I can find a cheap air bag box
Back