Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Typical Brake performance review

I use to race in SCCA events, and always used Hawk brake pads. I always used them on the trucks I towed with too. Well fast forward a few years and the same kinds of performance increases are available on the Explorer of ours too. HP+is the most aggressive of a street pad that Hawk makes...
  2. T

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

AWD to 4WD, using electric shift. I've been reading today about what I need to do this. Parts are in the first page of the stickied thread but the info is scattered on the electric shifting T-case. From what I gather I want a 5.4l Expedition rear driveshaft, and a 4.6l F-150 front...
  3. T

Exhaust Manifold Update?

That was easy enough. Thanks. BTW I'm in Three Rivers south of K-Zoo
  4. T

Exhaust Manifold Update?

We have a 2001 V8 that has leaking manifolds. I'm going to have this fixed ASAP, and so I have a few questions that I didn't see any info on when searching. As I understand it there is a cast and a tubular exhaust manifold. 1)Is one design (cast or tubular) better from a performance...
  5. T

Exhaust Manifold Update?

I would buy headers for a good price (used) but it's not something I'm doing as a mod, more as a repair, so I can't wait for a used set to pop up. I wasn't sure which section to post it in. I thought I was posting in stock, but I guess I didn't. EDIT-Ah crap. Totally wrong section.
  6. T

Exhaust Manifold Update?

We have a 2001 V8 that has leaking manifolds. I'm going to have this fixed ASAP, and so I have a few questions that I didn't see any info on when searching. As I understand it there is a cast and a tubular exhaust manifold. Is one design (cast or tubular) better from a performance...
  7. T

Wanted Offroad bumpers.

I'm interesting in picking up a couple of used bumpers. Doesn't have to have a winch plate in front, DOES have to have a hitch receiver in back. Homemade is fine as long as it looks well built.
  8. T

Wanted WTB FMS headers.

Torque Monsters are out of my price range, so I'd like to find some used Ford Motorsport headers to fit our 2000 Explorer. If I don't find anything in about a week I'm just replacing the manifolds/gaskets/egr tube and calling the newfound quiet good enough.
Back