Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Belt Tensioner Assembly

My wife’s explorer started having the rattle from the tensioner. I replaced it along with a new belt a few months ago and the noise went away. Now less then 10k miles it’s doing it again. Any ideas what’s causing this?
  2. P

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Incase anyone missed it. Enjoy your explorer again. It’s a cheap band aid.
  3. P

Highway shudder

Maybe change out the spark plugs.
  4. P

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

Raybestos rotors and Wagner thermoquiet pads. Did the work myself and am happy.
  5. P

https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventshade-322045-Aeroskin-protector/dp/B005GLMP3S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497583619&sr=8-3&keywords=explorer+hood+deflector Works like a charm.
  6. P

Add my wife's to the list. I've tried ignoring it but now it's chipping off. Gonna read through the thread to see if ford covers is. Nit holding my breath.
  7. P

2011-15 vs 2016 Exterior Styling

the new ones still havent grown on me. ive seen some that i think look nice but overall i still dont like the change. the rear is ok and i love the headlights but i still dont like the grill.
  8. P

Time for tires

After 2 years and over 20K miles, I would recommend these tires to anyone. Im so glad 182RG was wrong about the tire, ofcourse he did have factory non plus with the old tread on a different suv. After 2 winters, my wife says she hasn't felt the tires lose traction yet. They seem to be wearing...
  9. P

2016 oil drain location

Never sucked my oil out before, what is the benefit of this vs draining?
  10. P

Coolbulbs kit flickering?

Mine flickered upon install, replaced the ballast and was good to go.
  11. P

2016 Sport review after 1300 miles

My brothers new Tahoe couldn't get iPhone 6 Plus text until you turned on notifications on the phone.
  12. P

A/C compressor pulley bearing...

Link? I saw a couple of threads that are unrelated to the op. My wife's makes this noise too, drives me crazy.
  13. P

Debut of 2016 Explorer

The refresh still hasn't grown on me. I think ford could have done much better.
  14. P

Is it ok to take a Limited through a car wash?

If you use these car washes, make sure you wax at least once a year. Your clear coat will thank you.
  15. P

Sync 3

Forgive my ignorance, but what are these features ford promised and people are wanting?
  16. P

Shift to Park Warning

I just got this alert for the first time when turning the car off at the gas station. I turned it back on, changed gear to drive and back to park and it was fine. My wife, ex is hers, hasn't told me if this has happened before. The ex has 50K miles on it. If it's ongoing, at least it's an...
  17. P

Debut of 2016 Explorer

i do like the grill better on the non platinum models.
  18. P

2011-15 vs 2016 Exterior Styling

Now with the unveiling of the 2016 explorer, I am very disappointed with the direction of the exterior styling. Curious what others think.
  19. P

Debut of 2016 Explorer

I'm anxious to see it in person. I'm not impressed by the pictures. I like most of the changes but the front end is a huge step back. I like the interior updates but not the center stack, I like the look of the glossy black vs matte.
  20. P

Can your engine do this?!...

i remember watching the video on this, it was pretty cool.
  21. P

Time for tires

Well you weren't using the same tire so..... There are differences between the older tire your vw came with and the newer "plus" model that is on my wife's car.
  22. P

Time for tires

We have the new verde plus and it's an excellent tire, much better then the stockers.
  23. P

Never thought this day would come. Unbelievably disappointed.

no product is without faults through out production quantities. it sounds like your major problem is the dealer. im glad things are getting better at least but dont feel like you are alone in all your problems. i guarantee you can take any make and model and read the same comments that you...
  24. P

Service on 2013 Ford Explorer

sad what some dealers try, i understand its a business, but ripping people off is a poor business model.
Back