Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Let's see your cargo baskets.

How do you plan to reinforce the bottom? I've thought about it but don't know a goof way to do it
  2. D

Spare tire in cargo area?

Or I'd also like to see rear swing out carriers. I know there is a guy on here with a black st that built his own but I'd like to see one on just a sport. I like to have an idea of what I'm getting into before I start. I have a small Lincoln mig welder to use but don't know if that would be...
  3. D

Spare tire in cargo area?

Hey guys I have an 03 sport with the spare currently on the roof I'm looking for a way to mount it inside the vehicle has anyone done this or have a tip for me?
  4. D

I have the same one and didn't have a problem with mine being scratched nor do I hear rattling
  5. D

I have the same basket. I actually welded in a 3rd bar on top so I have a way to mount snowboards up there I've had my spare up there for about a year. It sags but hasn't broken. I just wish the bottom was sturdier
  6. D

03 explorer sport lift springs

also im having trouble getting the upper bolt out of the shackle.could anyone point me in the direction of the bushing for the frame?
  7. D

Ya i screwed up i got 151 not 153. They are about a half inch wider. Turns out they are meant for 99-04 250 front springs... :hammer:
  8. D

so im working on installing the springs and shackles today i noticed the warrior shackles are wider than the springs and bushings. what did you do to remedy this?
  9. D

cincinnati

are you from columbus? good meeting you too! im just down in cincinnati
  10. D

manual front hub conversion from live axle?

is there any write up on this/ or would it be the same directions as the new auto to manual hubs?
  11. D

manual front hub conversion from live axle?

Hey i searched for a way to do this but turned up squat. I have an 03 sport im trying to turn into a mild trail rig i know wheel travel will be limited by the ifs so ive turned to putting as much power to the ground as possible. so a big thing is lockers. Im looking at a few rear like the lock...
  12. D

Powertrax 2311 Lock Right Locker - anybody selling?

I know this is a lomg shot but did you ever get one? How has it held up over the miles? How is it on the street. I know it makes that loud ratchet noise anything else?
  13. D

2002 Explorer XLT Trasnfer Case locked in 4WD

I have heard that old units can get "lost" there is a small wire trace as part of the motor and it tells the module what location it is in Hi lo etc. may not be the problem but i thought i would throw it out there
  14. D

those are pro comp wheels right? what offset? and are youstill runnning wheel spacers?
  15. D

cincinnati

there really nobody on here from ohio?
  16. D

sct x4????

that stuff may need to be set in a custom tune. im loooking at getting one to turn off my rear o2 sensor. two differnt speed shops said i would need a custom tune to do that.
  17. D

you are a life saver. its that same bumper! they have nothingto do with the rear spring but when he mentioned the bumper with the body lift it got me thinking about it. i posted a seperate thread on if they would fit but did not get any responses, and couldnt find info anywhere else on it.
  18. D

Ya its a steel front bumper "offroad style" if you will.
  19. D

Find Keypad Code - 04 Explorer Sports Trac

I have an 03 sport mine was under the dash board. I pulled the defroster grill up and on the it was on the passenger side I had to look from the outside back into the vehicle
  20. D

I ask because I have found a steel bumper that I want to get but it's made for 4 door 2nd gen so I've been trying to find out if it would fit
  21. D

id like to do one but im leary of it, like some freak accident and dropping the body or screwing up mounting the radiator or extending steering. do you happen to know if the second gen 4 door and 03 sport frames are the same? or if they are the same at the bumper mounts?
  22. D

Cheapest place i vould find was 40 bucks about 50 minutes away. So i ended up making my own. Btw where did you get the rear taillight guards? And how long did your body lift take?
  23. D

3rd Gen Limiting Straps install

I definitely will just thought it was worth a shot to check with people here. Maybe it was known that they are the same part
  24. D

any idea if they work on the sport tracs?
  25. D

Where did you get those upper A arms?
Back