Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Shark fin Antenna Install + Pics

Sorry for no follow up on this. I got a shark fin from visual garage and it was painted to J4 impact blue. It has been working perfectly, even when travel through the mountains of Colorado
  2. A

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Quick question, I have a 2013 explorer XLT. I live in Arizona so I use the 'B" maps. More chance of me going to Mexico then Canada. I have v3.48. Can I upgrade to v3.8? I have a Samsung S7 edge, not a IPhone .
  3. A

roof mount antenna

VG Shark Fin Got mine from VG (J4 paint) all most 2 years ago and I am very happy with it. Easy to install and I don't see any lose of Sirus signal at all. No one has said anything about the foam gasket, don't think anyone has even noticed the shark fin at all.
  4. A

Sync Services Subscription Ending

My 3 years are up in February 2016. If I don't renew Sync - MFT what will I lose? Nav? Hands free phone? Voice commands?
  5. A

SYNC and MapQuest

Same here I noticed the same thing this week. I though it was tied to me using a B6 navigation SD. Sorry but what is GEN-version and how do i find out what GEN I have?
  6. A

212,911 Ford Explorers (2011 - 13) recalled for door handle issue

I'm confused Does this say it needs to be fixed by May 2015? Risk to Safety: IF THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE RETURN SPRING IS UNSEATED, THE DOOR MAY UNLATCH DURING A SIDE IMPACT CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY. Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR...
  7. A

Temperature gauge question

Temp gage 2013 explorer XLT My temp gage moves to mid point smoothly but never raises any higher even when the service tech left my coolant cap off. I lost 3/4s of the reservoir but if I had not smelled antifreeze I would of never known. I live in Arizona so I am use to cars running hot some...
  8. A

Cracked Fog Light

Got my https://www.lamin-x.com/Default.asp on order...I picked the yellow ones because I though they may give me the best visibility. And it isn't like every one else's. Splash guards, roof cross bars and shark fin antenatal...I can pick my 2013 explorer out in Costcos parking lot...
  9. A

A5 Nav update now available on our site

Thanks everyone. Since I live in Arizona I am going to get the B5 today.
  10. A

Thanks peterk9 Thanks for your suggestion...message sent to the Ford Team.
  11. A

I have a 2013 explorer with a A4 card. I found a site that says I can load a B5 card which has USA and Mexico for $160.00. Since I live in the Phoenix area I am thinking about it. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it. SYNC NAVIGATION SYSTEM MAP UPDATE. Navigation.com
  12. A

Shark fin Antenna Install + Pics

I ordered a unpainted shark-fin. My son in law works at a dealer and can paint it to match my EX. Should be unique having a Deep Impact Blue shark-fin.
  13. A

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Or there could be.. Some young wiper snappers pulling the average down...but I do like your nickname. Brings back memories of fun times seeing how high I could over clock a AMD processor. :thumbsup:
  14. A

Ford Offering Free Motorcraft Brakepad Replacements To Customers

Other then to get you in why are they doing this?
  15. A

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Bought my 2013 explorer XLT 14 days after my 63rd birthday. So 64 now. Gave my 2002 Ed Bauer explorer to my stepson...still running strong with 134k on it at the time.
  16. A

13 Exp Lawsuit

I tried a CO detector and got several readings when held close to the center console vents and AC on high. 113PM and once 133PPM But when I put the detector in a cup holder it was 30 PPM and under. So for now all vents are pointed away from our faces. Is Ford working on a fix?
  17. A

Clicking Noise inside Dashboard

Yup! Zero is correct IMHO. I had a 2002 that had cracking coming from the drivers door. Turned out that sitting with that side to the sun for 8 hours of Arizona sun heated up the plastic snaps that held the trim on. I didn't know until 3 snaps had broke and the trim came loose.
  18. A

Cracked Fog Light

Has anyone come up with a rock shield yet? I had the same problem on my 2002 Eddie Bauer.
  19. A

Rear camera and beepers

Had same issue About three weeks ago. Backed up out of a parking space with nothing behind me. Beepers went off. Moved to open space and cycled reverse to drive 3-4 times before it stopped. Grimlins ?
  20. A

1st trip back to the dealership for repairs

.. You saying you should get a loaner if you have ESP?
  21. A

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

I'm happy I know lots of you guys did better then me but I got Sirius select and travel link for a $130.00 for one year. The lady on the phone was very nice and I just didn't want to pay the $200.00 standard fee. $70 is a tank and a half gas lol
  22. A

Dealer question on charges/fees

Question Bought my EX XLT mid February. Standard all day pain then 2-3 hours with the very nice person in finance. Noticed that they were charging me for an “alarm system” that all dealers put on their cars and something called ‘etching’. Next day looking over my bill of sell I noticed...
  23. A

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Reregister I assume? My snyc my ride password doesn't work now.
  24. A

Tire Jack Warning

Interested in what ford has to say about this.
  25. A

Visor vanity light bulb

Think someone said it was a TB5. Did you do a search ?
Back