Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Water Leak

If you have the moonroof, check the seal at the rear fixed glass. The seal on mine had detached and dropped into roof causing leak. While under warranty, replaced entire rear glass.
  2. S

Moon Roof Wind Noise Problems

Rubber seal on mine had separated from rear portion of fixed moon roof glass. This was also the source of waterleak on mine many of us have complained about. Just jump up and look at seal around glass to make sure it is still attached to glass. If not, entire glass has to be replaced. Covered...
  3. S

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Redkat, I have found that it works better when depressing keypad numbers with finger print rather than tip of finger and holding last digit for second or more and releasing. Also, sometimes I run finger down pad to light it up then depress numbers. Sometimes because it is not lit and difficult...
  4. S

Nav. Error

Thanks guys. Actually I did remove and reinsert nav card, also pulled and reinserted fuse. Drove car around neighborhood but still no signal. Then my wife just told me after returning from shopping, nav works. So, one of the two did it. Thanks again. Guess it just needed more time for signal to...
  5. S

Nav. Error

Navigation fault. Getting message, "navigation not funtioning properly contact dealer." Map nav symbol not moving and there is an icon GPS with an x through it on map. Appears not receiving GPS signal. Any advice appreciated before I go to dealer. Warranty is up. This is actually on wife's...
  6. S

Water Leak

My leak was from the left side roof rack and the fixed moonroof glass seal. Took me ordering the replacement glass and demanding they replace it under warranty as the seal attached to the glass at the rear had separated and fallen in. The glass comes with the seal already atttached and you...
  7. S

Moonroof seal

Does anyone know if the seal or "drip molding" on the rear fixed glass can be replaced? After removing my roof racks in order to fix recurring leak I noticed that the seal at the rear of the fixed glass is separated and fallen down inside of roof. Dealer cannot seem to find part, only entire...
  8. S

Water Leak

So after two attempts to fix leak with little success, I did a search here on roof rack removal in hopes of fixing leak myself since all the dealers I have spoke with just hire an outside "leak doctor" to try and fix problem. Found that many have done this and have just removed rack completely...
  9. S

Water Leak

Leak update. Two days ago while it was raining checked left rear interior and sure enough leaking at seatbelts and from most rear upper speaker. Just got back from dealer today and had leak Dr. come in and remove left roof rack and reseal attach point holes with silicone. Hoping this is the...
  10. S

Water Leak

After three weeks of smelling a pungent musty smell every time I open car door to get in I have found water. While the carpet itsself was not wet, the fiber material under the carpet in the cargo area where the spare is located is soaked. It seems to be only the left side. Very disappointed...
  11. S

1 year Ownership Review

I do not have pics. Just google BMC bumper cover. Most here agree this one works the best. I know there are some pics somewhere on these threads if you just do a search.
  12. S

1 year Ownership Review

I have the BMC bumper guard which goes over the edge of bumper. I put the ford bumper guard on my wife's edge which is not as good as it does not go over edge of bumper. These vehicles really should come with them as they used to and most suv's today.
  13. S

1 year Ownership Review

After a year and 14,000 miles, still love this vehicle. Have read every thread up to about page 50 and must say this has been very helpful with tips and operational issues. I have installed weathertech mats, wind deflectors and cargo mat, very happy with. Ford contour mudflaps installed...
  14. S

Second row buckets.. Do you like them?

Love the second row buckets! Kids like them too. Easier access to third row and buckets also are adjustable fore and aft giving you about 2 to 3 inches more leg room than with the bench. I like the gap also for putting things when traveling. Hope this helps.
  15. S

my new acquisition

Wow! What year is that baby? Enjoy the ride.
  16. S

2nd row bucket seats

I love the buckets and so do my kids, 11 and 15. It makes access to the 3rd row much easier and like the fact that the buckets move back giving a little more room.
  17. S

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

MFT SYNC update 3.6.2 Just started latest update to usb on iMac. Will let you know how it goes. So far as reported on another blog there is quite a delay at 5% and 38%, been downloading now for 15 minutes.
  18. S

A/C condensation from rear?

Never mind folks. Did a search and answered my own question. It's from the rear a/c lines
  19. S

A/C condensation from rear?

Just remote started car and while walking up to car from rear noticed a lot of water dripping from left rear under mud guard rear of left tire. Upon looking underneath their are a couple of insulated lines where water is coming from. It's been very hot and humid here in Maryland but just...
  20. S

...and this is why I can't have nice things.

Tried that too, but then I hit my head on it
  21. S

...and this is why I can't have nice things.

That's OK, there will be more to come. If it makes you feel better I opened the rear liftgate in my garage the first week I had my Sport which then hit the garage door. My son then did it a couple days later. So I disabled the switch. Next, a couple weeks ago had the liftgate open outside...
  22. S

Ordering 2014 Sport, Sienna interior with white/silver exterior?

Sienna interior I have the Ingot Sport with Sienna inserts. I love it and everyone else who's seen it thinks it looks great. I think the contrast goes well with the black interior and the silver exterior. Best of all it's a free option.
  23. S

Lower grille cutout?

The opening on passenger side front bumper is supposed to be there. Someone will correct me if I am wrong but it, I believe, is the air intake for the transmission cooler which comes with the tow package. Whoops think Harley has it right for turbo cooling.
  24. S

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Yeah Peter thats what I have setup on my Sport everything in auto, I was just curious after remote starting and then getting in and depressing the start button the seats do not indicate on the MFT that they are on but they are cooling or were until start depressed. Thanks.
Back