Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

Does anybody have an updated part number for DB5Z-785002-A and DB5Z-785002-B as they don't seem to show up one Tasca as a valid part number. Thanks.
  2. A

Removal of the front and rear ford emblem

Sorry I can't input on the removal process, but out of curiosity, but where did you find the emblems?
  3. A

LED Reverse Light Upgrade

How did you manage to do the 3rd row cargo light swap, I know there are a few people on here attempting it.
  4. A

2013 Ford Explorer Sport led license plate bulbs

There is no converter needed and as far as installation is concerned, there is a tab on each to pop out, assuming you get the polarity correct the first time, total install should take < 5 minutes.
  5. A

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

The ones I have are the Ford OEM ones, not sure if their fitment will be better or worse.
  6. A

Exhaust Modifications to my '13 Sport (with pics)

I have the Magnaflow catback on my Sport. There is a little bit of drone, nothing I can't live with though.
  7. A

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Not looking forward to this as I have purchased these as well and am just waiting for some decent weather to put them on...
  8. A

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

This is what I had a hard time swallowing considering they didn't even know how to do it. Even with me offering to "teach" them at a reduced price they told me it was impossible. So, as I said, had my friend that is a tech in the back bring his laptop home and away we went.
  9. A

Also as a side note, the dealership said they could only turn on/off the DRL's not switch the mapping and to turn them off, they wanted $135 plus tax. They told me I was paying to use a $50000 piece of equipment even though it would take longer for the computer to hook up then to switch it. I...
  10. A

You sure can, I did this with mine already as I put in HIR's which don't have the longest life expectancy and I would rather not have the headlights on all day. Dealership told me it was impossible, went into the back to talk to a friend that is a mechanic. We did the impossible.
  11. A

Can you add Active Park Assist??

I believe at very least you would need the front sensors, as well I don't know if this can simply be "activated" I'm going to guess and say if this can be done, it would cost a small fortune.
  12. A

Collision warning

I agree with the second part of this, if approaching a vehicle from behind (turning or not) while not on the brakes, it should go off. Like Peter said as well, still scares me when you're not expecting it.
  13. A

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Mine were turned on from factory (canadian resident), however, I didn't like the fact that it turned the headlights on, once you get into the computer, you can select either the headlights or amber marker lights for DRL operation. The amber lights and standard on HID equipped vehicles of which...
  14. A

HID Fog Install Questions

Iraia, good work on the install, appears as though you take pride in your work. Nice and clean.
  15. A

Ford Explorer Sport 2013 Style Black Grille

And still don't have the black 20's, tinted headlights and tails amongst other things...
  16. A

Costco Discount??

Anytime, $1000 in our pockets is better than someone else having it.
  17. A

Costco Discount??

No problem, there are several other incentives that may or may not apply for college grads etc that you may want to look at.
  18. A

Costco Discount??

You need to have the membership for 2 months before your purchase and you need to have your card with you when you go in.
  19. A

Costco Discount??

The $1000 is cash you get for being a Costco member within the last two months, on top of any other incentives.
  20. A

It was from a company called Hottexhaust.com I wrote a review on another thread on here about my experience with them. All positive.
  21. A

Turn signal flasher relay

This I am not sure about, maybe someone else on here has experience with doing them on the F series. I just ran load resistors as I wasn't aware this was an option.
  22. A

Is this vibration normal?

I also only run premium now just for a little bit of peace of mind. I will have to pay closer attention to notice if the shutter is gone now that the weather has warmed up.
  23. A

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/azazell64/media/20130506_125803_zps9709c1f6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 Disregard the lack of clean treads, touchless carwash didn't get them very well. You should get the idea though.
  24. A

I got my Magnaflow for around $600 CAD shipped to my door.
  25. A

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

I could, I'll have to run it through the car wash first though as I assume you don't want to see mud brown running boards against black trim :p:
Back