Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Explorer Sport Performance

Just wondering where this is recommended from? Your dealer? I asked my dealer when I got mine, he said 87 was recommended, no need for higher octane. The owners manual states the same: "2.0L/3.5L EcoBoost® engines: Regular unleaded gasoline with a pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87 is...
  2. D

2013 Explorer Sport Leaking Oil

Yes, as soon as I realized it was my Explorer that was the culprit, that was the first thing I did was check the oil. I also asked the dealer to double check it and top it off before they returned it to me.
  3. D

Price paid for sport explorer

MSRP $47,345 got it with the A-plan and after rebates for $42,805 (not including tax).
  4. D

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

Just hit 1,800 on my black/black Sport, took delivery Dec. 20th. After many years with Cadillacs, overall I must say I'm very impressed with the car. Have had a few minor issues - had it in the dealer earlier this week for an oil leak, but was a simple fix (so I hope!) and a few small things...
  5. D

Thanks Crystal, picked it up yesterday. They said a hose to one of the turbochargers had come loose causing the oil leak, and that just needed to be secured and tightened, so hopefully that solved it!
  6. D

I hope it's something simple, but I'll find out tomorrow ... Fingers crossed!
  7. D

My first Caddy when I turned 16 was a 1984 Coupe Deville, the only problem is that it was 1996 when I got it!
  8. D

Hey Everyone! New to the site and new to Ford! A brief history on myself - my family owned a Cadiilac dealership up until 2009 when we were an unfortunate victim of GM's shutdowns. Needless to say, I drove Cadillacs my whole life. Fast forward to this past December and I felt it was...
Back