Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

How many catalytic converters on a Sport?

Not pollution controlled over here if it is in the catback.
  2. V

How many catalytic converters on a Sport?

The third is in the catback behind the flange. I cut mine out.
  3. V

HID Conversion Problems-2014 Sport

It will. I'm just too damn cheap to upgrade. I wonder if they would give me a credit for the old ones to upgrade since I have had so many issues and none of my original kit remains after they have replaced the individual parts multiple times.
  4. V

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

Airbornemaikai, are you tuned?
  5. V

Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself?

I have had issues with my MFT resetting the ambient lighting back to blue from red since the day I took home the truck. Updating the software did not affect it at all and I believe it is current. The battery has not been discharged and nobody else drives it but me. Who else has this...
  6. V

1/4 Mile Run Times

With more boost, there is less timing advance. I think a major change in the LMS v3 tune is that they are running a more aggressive timing map with less boost to make the same or better power with better consistency and a better seat of the pants feel.
  7. V

1/4 Mile Run Times

The fuel pump is currently a dead end. The camshaft lift on the pump driving lobe must be increased as it sits, and most people will not want to swap a cam for more fueling. Meth injection or a very expensive custom pump are the options and neither exist currently for the truck. I was seeing...
  8. V

1/4 Mile Run Times

It's currently about getting the most out of the high pressure fuel pump. You overrun it with a 2 bar sensor and just a tune in cold weather, so a 3 bar doesn't do any good until there is fueling to support more power.
  9. V

Not the owner, but their tuner that owns the Explorer Sport.
  10. V

So it isn't a FRPP tune then.
  11. V

What tune from Ford Racing are you talking about?
  12. V

My XSport is getting some new paint,

I'm going to leave the two outer side sections of the bumper "mouth" black as well as the whole rear lower section where the tow hitch cover and exhaust tips are.
  13. V

My XSport is getting some new paint,

I'm pondering doing this same thing with my ruby red. Can't wait to see the pics when completed!
  14. V

Clicking Noise inside Dashboard

HVAC system calibrating the flaps I think.
  15. V

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

I never said anything about anyone lying about this tune. Anthony straight up told me something is up and that he didn't think the v3 tune should have less boost. WTF is wrong with you people?
  16. V

The tune feels more buttoned down, I think it uses more timing under all conditions which would be good for driveability and fuel economy. LMS is looking into the issues I am having and I will keep posted. It is still worlds ahead of the stock tune.
  17. V

I am not jumping on anyone, nor am I making any accusations of any kind. I am simply posting my data and impressions. Why are you trying to make something out of nothing?
  18. V

My beef with LMS was the fact that what I was originally told is that the problems the tuned people were having was winter fuel and that OBD data logging is wrong. I contacted their tuner directly and my suspicion that the fuel pump is at its limit with just a tune was confirmed. I buried the...
  19. V

It would be pretty weird if I did and it still runs seeing as I have a 3 bar MAP on the car as well.
  20. V

Dedicated GPS performance logging device, not smart phone. 0-60 was 4.6 seconds before and is now 4.8 sec. Quarter mile is about .5 seconds slower now. Also, I updated the above post to more accurately reflect what I am seeing.
  21. V

Anyone notice that Airaid now magically has an intake specifically for the Sport? P/N 400-260 and 401-260 for dry filter.
Back