Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Please Help: Car Won't Start, Makes Clicking Noise

Yeah, it started right up with a jump. I guess I'll go somewhere and the battery tested. It is 5 years old anyhow. That clicking sound is odd though. The last time my battery went bad almost nine years ago it just died--no crank or clicking
  2. G

Please Help: Car Won't Start, Makes Clicking Noise

Got in the car this morning and tried to start it but it just made this weird clicking noise. Holding the ignition in start, the clicking continues as long as the key is held. All the indicator lights in the gauges blink in sync with the clicks and the drive belt moves a tiny bit with each click...
  3. G

Loud Rear Suspension Clunk/Bang While Turning Up an Incline

Okay, so I ended up with one of those good news bad news scenarios. The suspension is tight and tip top but there was diff fluid all over everything. I guess the pinion seal was leaking and the drive shaft was slinging it all over the undercarriage. 250$ repair
  4. G

Loud Rear Suspension Clunk/Bang While Turning Up an Incline

It's been happening for a few years--it didn't used to happen. When I turn right too quickly up an incline say from street level up to parking lot level of a business front I get a loud clunk and bang from the right rear suspension. Generally this only happens for an especially steep grade and...
  5. G

Removing Roof Racks...

I took the rails off my '01 Sport a year ago for aesthetic reasons and it certainly looks sleeker without them. It might take a bit to break the hex screws free but there are no special sizes or anything. I put a bit of ordinary silicone automotive sealant on the threads--the same I used to seal...
  6. G

Spark Plug DOOM on 4.0L SOHC--PLEASE HELP

Okay, so it's 120,000 mile service time which means plugs, wires (seem fine so I might do them later), oil change, brakes, injectors, fuel filter, and transmission fluid. I've been doing it piecemeal; oil first followed by fuel filter and, today, brakes and plugs. Brakes were just fine and dandy...
  7. G

Please Help: Dented wheel hubs on '01 Sport 2wd? (pics)

Thanks, its a relief to know its not an issue
  8. G

Please Help: Dented wheel hubs on '01 Sport 2wd? (pics)

Hello all So I had the vehicle up in the air on jacks and stands and removed all the wheels in preparation to change the brakes and rotate the tires when I discovered something odd at the front wheel hubs--dents in the caps. Driver's Side Top and Bottom dents on Passenger's...
  9. G

Remove headliner and install new?

My headliner is also in dire need of replacement. Perhaps the nicotine stains would come out but the tiny burn holes certainly will not. C'mon now, somebody out there must know a thing or two about this.
Back