Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Cabin hum and Steering wheel/column vibration

Hi all, Just wanted to get some feedback from you on if anyone experienced/experiences significant steering vibration along with a loud cabin hum. This all started when I had the service center replace my gear shifter and the rack and pinion - gear shifter for getting an error when shifting to...
  2. R

Broken cargo net clips

Hi All, Would anyone happen to know the parts number for the two top clips that hold the cargo net onto the Ex body? My silly nephew grabbed the net to pull himself up into the trunk and broke the clips. I appreciate the help. Thanks
  3. R

No tire chains - but can we use these?

http://news.yahoo.com/tire-socks-alternative-snow-tires-130000231.html?nf=1
  4. R

Part Number help

Hi All, So I hit a low running wall over the weekend and gashed a hole in the black plastic bumper around the fog lamps can anyone help me with the part number as I'd like to have it replaced if not to expensive. Thanks
  5. R

LED back up, license plate & puddle lights

Hi folks, just got these from CarID and geez what a classy look. The backup lights are awesome and the license plate ones are just very nice. I'll post pics later tonight. If you are looking to do this improvement you wont regret it one bit Lumen® 7440CW - Replacement LED Bulb (7440, White)...
  6. R

RetroFitted Headlights - need your opinion

Thumbs up or down.. Would a clear headlamp look good or cheesy on a platinum white explorer? I am getting retrofitted and thinking of having the ambers removed.. Thoughts.. Like these but on a Platinum White Limited...
  7. R

Damn it took a wallop....

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/02/03/vo-mxp-mass-winter-storm-atv-hit-and-run-crash.hln You guys check this out...
  8. R

35W or 55W HID bulb

Hi, Just wanted to confirm or deny if I can use a 55W rated d3s bulb on my Ex. I have the 35W but it seems really weak and I thought maybe the 55w will improve this. I had asked in another thread but I guess it got lost in the sauce. Can I use the 55w or will it fry my wires, should I...
  9. R

Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/LME%252dAIW-2013%252b-Ford-Explorer-Tuner.html I've been reading about the tunes the Sport Ex have had and since I have the N/A been jealous for a while. Now that (maybe for a while now) Livernois offers a tune for the NA Explorers I am...
  10. R

Oil life down 2% after 100 miles?

Hi all, What are your thoughts on the above? I just had my oil change by the dealer on Saturday and after driving about 100 miles its already down 2%. I also notice that accelerating and climbing hills are a lot more labored and the beast is now more like a water buffalo just plodding along. I...
  11. R

Nav looses the voice guidance

Hi All, Anyone noticed or experienced the navigation loosing the voice guidance? This has happened to me 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks and the only way I was able to get it back was by doing a master reset. Additionally I am also now getting the issue where the navigation indicates me...
  12. R

Oily windshield issue

Hi all, I noticed a weird problem lately. Outside of the full area covered by the wipers I have this oily sort of film. Its sort of a pain to remove and I cant explain how its there. I drive normal streets like everyone else. Granted I am using Rain-X windshield liquid as well as the...
  13. R

Front and Rear Scuff plates

Hey guys, I just wanted to share this with y'all. I am sure you may have seen it and if I remember some folks were looking for it also. I have the Limited which had the small Explorer aluminum plate in the front and while I liked it I wanted a little more - typical I guess. After...
  14. R

Headlight adjustment screw

Hi all, Where can i find the screw to adjust the vertical headlight beam. I'd like to just aim it a little higher - maybe 6 inches. FYI - i have the Limited with HID. Thanks in advance
  15. R

Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream

hey folks, So I stumbled across this at auto zone and was wondering if anyone used it on their rims. Seems like its recommended for aluminum and other metals. My aluminum rims and chrome tips are a little dull - need to wake them up a bit. Thanks for your input...
  16. R

HTC M8 and Sync

Anyone have the M8 and using with SYNC? I have a chance to upgrade from the Iphone and just wondering if texing works with the M8. That would be the only reason i'd upgrade. Thanks
  17. R

Selling my Bull Bar for non ACC vehicles

Hi all, First off let me apologise for posting this here - i just thought it would get more visibility. Anyway, I got a bull bar for my EX Limited but it will interfare with the ACC so its up for sale. Never used and still in the original packaging with all fittings etc. This is only...
  18. R

Dashboard cleaning 101

The carwash put Armorall on my dash, now it reflects like a christmas tree. What do you recommend i use to clean it? Below was taken from the manual - i cant find something to "dull" the reflection. • Avoid cleaners or polishes that increase the gloss of the upper portion of the...
  19. R

Do i have a Traction Control Module issue? TCMS

Hi all, Recently - three times i've noticed when i pull out of a parking lot or fuel station etc there is kind of a bang sound on my outer wheel and the TCMS (vehicle with curved road indicator) flashing example: last night pulling out and making a left on to the drive lane everything...
  20. R

Zymol Kit - Yay or Nay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZYMOL-LEATHER-CONDITIONER-AND-CLEANER-8OZ-EACH-RECOMMENDED-PORSCHE-AUDI-BMW-VW-/271369057237?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2edb33d5&vxp=mtr I am ready to pull the trigger is it a good buy or not? I don't mind spending the 21 but will it harm the...
  21. R

2013 Limited with 6000K Philips Ultinons

Hi folks, I just found a pic of the Ultinons that I replaced the 4300K with on my Ex. Maybe it will help some of you guys. Yes its a Limited
  22. R

Ford Explorer How-To and Info Videos

https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerVideoPage&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Explorer I didn't see this linked anywhere and thought it would be a good idea to post it up. Peter - maybe a sticky? Featured Videos: Your Fuel Economy -- Introduction for...
  23. R

hear ye! hear ye! - Songza (forget Pandora)

Just thought I'd share this. I discovered Songza today (app for iphone), not sure if its for android too. You gotta try it - in car, outta car everywhere. Its bad a**. Music for any mood, any situation, any time. Plays through BT on my 2013 EX Lim. Try it and let me know. You would love...
  24. R

Help me spend $2000 on my EX Limited

Hi All, So ive decided to spend $2000 on my car. So far i have about $800 locked up on the - Iphone autostart module - Enhanced security - security flasher + installation of the above. Considering the Livernois Tune. Not doing the shark fin (not my style) Any other suggestions.
  25. R

This is crazy!!! Are the FOB's safe and secure?

Take a read, some of you may already know this. http://www.rightsidenews.com/2014010133683/us/homeland-security/thieves-are-using-mystery-gadgets-to-electronically-unlock-cars-and-steal-what-is-inside.html
Back