Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Anyone Know Where To Get Factory Style Seatcovers For A Gray 92 WLT 4X4

Thanks! I called them and they only make a cover over the stock cover. I will start asking local upholstery shops.
  2. O

1992 explorer xlt light control module location???????

I had a similar problem on my (bought new and still own) 92 Explorer XLT 4X4 The headlights going on and off was entirely in the headlight switch. There is a heat controlled circuit breaker inside the switch. It seem that after enough on and off cycles, especially with larger than stock bulbs...
  3. O

Anyone Know Where To Get Factory Style Seatcovers For A Gray 92 WLT 4X4

I have looked far and wide with no luck. Many years ago I found a perfect condition leather integrated headrest gray leather passenger seat and transferred the cover over to my stock driver's seat. And I need one again. I have looked every time I go to a Pick-A-Part but have not had any luck in...
  4. O

Steering stabilizers

I got this one from Skyjacker, $59.95 http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/steering_stabilizer/ford/explorer.html Goggle it, they show up for as little as $34.95 and as much as $220.00
  5. O

Catalytic converter s

You can get direct fit cats from Rock Auto for under $100.00 per cat. As long as you are not in California or a copy cat state you will be fine. Here in California you must use California approved cats that cost over $500.00 each. They have a California Executive order Number engraved in them...
  6. O

Sunroof leak

Not a bad idea to clean the drain at the same time. Remove the glass and pour a glass of water into the channel around the edge of the sunroof hole. There are two drains. The water runs down inside the "B" Pillars and drips out just in front of the rear doors. If they are clogged up be...
  7. O

Smoke from heater core?

I have to do the same job on my 92. Got the resistor pack, the new blower motor with cage, and the plug that goes into the resistors. The old plug was partially melted from the heat. Total price for everything at Rock Auto was right at $60.00 So I looked around for other stuff I should...
  8. O

How to: Prevent a Fire Hazard!

I have to do the same job on my 92. Got the resistor pack, the new blower motor with cage, and the plug that goes into the resistors. The old plug was partially melted from the heat. Total price for everything at Rock Auto was right at $60.00 So I looked around for other stuff I should...
  9. O

thermostat housing removal

I have the same problem. I pull off everything that is in the way. First time I did it I stripped the impossible to reach hole and had to put in a Helicoil. Every time after that I just yank off everything in the way.
  10. O

How to: Change thermostat 1991 - 1994 Ford Explorer w/pcs

I have had three different thermostats fail in a row. Got less than 2K miles on each one. They all fail in the open position. Stant, Failsafe, and stock Ford. And with my big fingers I have to remove the alternator, tensioner, and hose to be able to easily get all three bolts in and out. I...
  11. O

Stupid is as stupid does..................

I had known this girl since she was six years old and when she was able to buy her first car I would help her out with maintenance. So one day she said she was going away to college the next morning and asked me if I would put front brakes in it for her. It was an 80's Honda Accord and was...
  12. O

how bad have you been ??

Back in 1980 I had a Turbo Kawasaki Z-1. Not one of the wimpy ones that American TurboPak built for Kawasaki, but one that I built at their shop for myself. It put down 337 horsepower at the rear wheel. I used to ride it out into the Mojave Desert and race at El Mirage Dry Lake during the...
  13. O

How close have you been to running out of gas?

Whenever I get a new car or truck I will always test the fuel gauge. I put a five gallon gas can in the back and drive it until it dies. Then dump the gas in and go on my way. And i keep a record of how far it went. I only do this during the warranty period since running out of gas can...
  14. O

Don't know what to get... battery related.

I just replaced my five year old Kirkland #4 battery. That's Costco's part number for the group code 65. Free. They just gave me another. One of the plates inside the battery had fractured and there was no voltage present between the posts. The guy in the tire dept said that's a...
  15. O

Leaking Coolant, Can't tell where it's coming from.

Not hard, just messy. Here is a link to the water pump changing sticky. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273723
  16. O

How to replace water pump

Here is a link to the water pump sticky. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273723 Lots of good info & pictures.
  17. O

Window motor advice please

The bushings worked perfectly. I only had one bad window (drivers side rear) but I replaced all four doors bushings anyway. Lubricated all the regulators and channels and they will probably outlive me now.
  18. O

1st Gen Steering Wheel Replacement

I replaced the steering wheel in my 92 with one from a 94. I found a brand new 94 wheel with cruise on E-bay and it was a direct swap. But I also had to replace the horn pad, also from a 94 since the 92 and 94 were different. The reason for replacing it was the "black goo" leaking out of the...
Back