Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

torx

What size is the torx for the intake on a sohc. Doing a last minute gaskets before my trip
  2. C

cut egr for the intake

Anyone
  3. C

cut egr for the intake

Has anyone cut the egr tube that goes inside the intake flush so its not a big obstruction to air flow. I did this to one of my cars and felt a better throttle response. I'm trying to do free mods and give this pig a little more power. I don't see it throwing a code for this but seems like any...
  4. C

into accident

Anyone ever total another car and barely hurt they're explorer ?
  5. C

Engine noise towards front of motor HELP!

Pray its not the rear chain.
  6. C

p0174

Yeah like i said it runs perfect just keeps putting that pending code so i dont think its the gaskets. I only have the rear o2 left to replace so ill try that. I used to have a code for the iac but fixed that from having a worn connection on my crank position sensor. every time it came lose it...
  7. C

timing chain replacement on 4.0 liter sohc

point a flash light in the oil filler on the valve cover and watch the chain while its running. did this with mine hoping it was the front chain making the noise and found it to be the rear one OF COARSE.
  8. C

Just Got My explorer and Need help with the following

looks like the leak could be the rear main seal. Check the oil every drive and see how much it loses. Or could be coming from the trans its hard to tell by the pics.
  9. C

p0174

this scanner shows the volts if i hook it to my camaro or mustang. I changed the driver and passenger sensors except the one after the cat. I havent checked a connection on the booster. Cleaned the maf fixed vacuum leaks all that good stuff seems to be running fine just dont like the code
  10. C

p0174

btw it seems to be running ok not idling weird or anything like that.
  11. C

p0174

I keep getting this code for bank 2 running lean. I ran a live data diagnostics and found 0 volts to all the o2 sensors. I cant figure this thing out
  12. C

torsion bar key question

i work at discount tire and have put many tires on them. owning a 98 xlt,i look under every 95-01, a 96 looks the same. trying to help somewhat. chime in guys.
  13. C

evap system

damn I just found the evap canister under the battery had the vacuum like broke off fixed that now it idles smooth instead of up and down
  14. C

evap system

my cel came on and i scanned it and brought up large evap system leak. My gas cap is broke would that cause it. 98 4.0 sohc xlt
  15. C

timing chain replacement on 4.0 liter sohc

Did my rear timing chain without removing the engine. You can move the tranny back and put a jack under the back of the engine to make it move away from the firewall with plenty of room to get the job done.
  16. C

need help

fixed it. plug on the crank position sensor fell off. whoever owned it before me put the metal clip that holds it on upside down so it was really loose.
  17. C

need help

was mudding last night the x was running great then my brother got his 94 x stuck. tried to pull him then mine started acting up. It wont take the gas past 2000 rpm acts like it has a rev limiter. smells rich with cel light came on. I checked everthing made sure nothing was wet or unhooked. I...
  18. C

iac

Got it scanned and it said idle air i forget the code though.
  19. C

iac

Weird the cel went off this morning. I put gas in it guess ill see how it does.
  20. C

iac

Cool all i needed to know
  21. C

So what do you like about your Gen 2?

Love the 4wd and it being white with black wheels on 31s. Its all muddy right now
  22. C

iac

Having a cel for a iac does it mess with air fuel cause this thing is getting horrible mpg now. Its a 1998 explorer 4.0 sohc
  23. C

rear timing chain

Wish i knew more about transmissions i could give you advice. Sorry to hear its going out.
  24. C

rear timing chain

The only thing that pissed me off was the intake and valve cover. There is so much junk on the 4.0 oh and my exhaust it exits out the side in front of the right rear tire. I had to cut the tip off to get it out.
  25. C

rear timing chain

I didnt touch my engine mounts with the trans out you can jack the motor up and down with plenty of room. Any questions I can help since i just finished the project .
Back