Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Replacement battery cables for '96 5.0

Well i just wanted to report back that god must love me because two 5.0's showed up at the local Pick'N'Pull this week. Should have the cable replaced tonight. My god what a pain in a butt it is to get those hangers bolted back on though! I think I want to take off the rad and just flush the...
  2. C

Thanks donalds, that's a start at least =)
  3. C

The terminals are a small part of the equation here, and easily replaceable. I'm selling the truck and don't want to have to put much effort into it at this point. Looks like I essentialy need three cables here. A positive, a ground, and one for the starter solenoid
  4. C

Thanks but that's just an aftermarket positive cable.
  5. C

Bump. Anyone have a OEM part number for the 5.0 battery cable harness?
  6. C

I cut off the two connections to the starter (positive and solenoid), and one of the grounds to the block. Rockauto has a replacement but it doesn't look right More Information for STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS A784TB
  7. C

At some point a previous owner had replaced the terminals with those lead ends. I found a really good cable at the wrecker with the original metal ends, but these were unfortunately from a 4.0, and i have a '96 5.0 To make matters worse, I didnt' realize the difference until I had removed my...
  8. C

Help with 2005 Aviator diff rebuild part list

Awesome, thanks for the tip!
  9. C

The everything Aviator thread.

Check your fuses under the dash
  10. C

Hey man, wouldn't mind getting a second opinion this post re: my diff rebuild...

Hey man, wouldn't mind getting a second opinion this post re: my diff rebuild. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-with-2005-aviator-diff-rebuild-part-list.475086/
  11. C

Help with 2005 Aviator diff rebuild part list

Detroit Locker TT70P53075 - Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differentials https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtl-912a585 Detroit Locker TT70P52670 - Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differentials https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtl-913a561 Ford Performance Parts M-4209-88373 - Ford Performance Parts Ring and...
  12. C

If i'm doing my timing chain guides, what else should I do?

Thanks, i'll look into the water pump and thermostat housing. The truck has COPs which are a cake walk, and i did the front bearings last year. I'm looking to get five more years out of the aviator as my winter "beater".
  13. C

Yes, it's the 1600cc VW, air cooled.
  14. C

Sorry, yes, i bought the whole timing kit.
  15. C

2005 Aviator awd Going to open it up. I can afford to have it off the road for 2 weeks. Looking for ideas. It has 220k km's on it, and i also need to do the rear struts, bearings, and parking brake pads.
  16. C

03 lincoln aviator

Hey JD, any new info for us?
  17. C

03 lincoln aviator

Nexen Roadian HP Tires 255/50R20/XL 109V 460-A-A $130 ea at 1010tires.com Stock radius too so no need to change the speedo.
  18. C

03 lincoln aviator

why didn't you go with a helical carrier?
  19. C

The everything Aviator thread.

The seals for the cover plate on the coil over plugs (COPs) gets old and dried out, so if you live in a damp climate, water will get into your plugs and dmg them. I read a recommendation to use a bit of sealer for where the wiring harness comes out on the driver's side. My whole driver's side...
  20. C

03 lincoln aviator

What's that hole on the side for in pic #2? Is that for the trans cooler line?
  21. C

I know someone's probably already asked about a push bar...

It's a non-starter for Prince_Polaris, but anyways, the AWD to 4wd conversion has nothing to do with the transmission. Prince_Polaris, the first thing I would personally do with your truck is to swap all your fluids to synthetics. Oil, front diff, rear diff, transfer case, and transmission if...
  22. C

Sorry Afrojoe, you're wrong about the 4wd. The AWD to 4wd conversion is well documented on this site. He should be more worried about the timing chain issues on the 4.0. Here's are some options: https://www.carid.com/1998-ford-explorer-grill-guards/ Or check out the user Turdle's truck. He's...
  23. C

There are varieties of that bar that don't have the light covers; it's just the centre piece. http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/480/1969/38698484008_medium.jpg And there's the smaller ones like this...
  24. C

04 Lincoln Aviator cruise control help

Any luck with this? My cruise control is also kaput.
Back