Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

New Rims

I think those lookd great. 20's in my opinion look good on the explorer. 22's would look good too but only because the lip on your wheels make them look a little smaller than 20's. Very nice ride.
  2. B

Headlight "Bakeability"

Thankyou Azazell, that is valuable info!
  3. B

Custom Explorer bumper idea

Maybe those 69 viewers were thinking "my mother always said..." In all seriousness though the pic looks great and I think you did a wonderful job on the photoshop. Not really digging the style too much. Maybe because the amount that it flairs out? Still sweet picture though.
  4. B

Headlight "Bakeability"

Define how much budging you were trying.
  5. B

Has anyone had the trim painted on their explorer?

I haven't but its a fantastic idea. The only reason I went black for my wife's explorer was so I would have to deal with the two tone. Still want to paint the trim though. Would look even better I think.
  6. B

Let the mods begin

Nice! Are those sport wheels?
  7. B

Adventures in Plastic Dipping

txaggie, I just took off the grill portion. I also went as far as removing the chrome strips completely. Not that bad just had to use something I call the "coin" method. Found it on another forum when taken apart side mirrors. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I will send you my phone number...
  8. B

Adding Fender Vents

+2 But after seeing the pics they look pretty good!
  9. B

Headlight "Bakeability"

I just wanted to see if someone could confim that theses headlights are bakeable. I.e. you can open them up by heating. I know my Tahoe headlights use some sort of adhesive that made it impossible to do so. Thanks
  10. B

I took the grill off to the the dipping. :)
  11. B

txaggie. Definitely gonna do the chrome strips just didn't want to bite off more than I could chew that day. No problems yet with the handles :)
  12. B

I didn't leave them off. I just took them off for plastidipping :)
  13. B

Just thought I would post these up. Gives some good pics of no roof racks too.
  14. B

Lowering the Explorer

What I really like about it is that it levels it out. Can't stand the rake the explorer has.
  15. B

Lowering the Explorer

No worries :). If you get a chance I would love to know the fender to ground measurement. Trying to figure out how to level the rear by bringing it down an inch.
  16. B

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

Fowlergk. Awesome idea! I don't have any close too me so hopefully some else can speak up. Maybe the dealership would be able to order that part?
  17. B

Lowering the Explorer

Looks good! A little two low for me but nice all the same. Do you have some measurements? How much lower is it. I would like to figure out a way to just drop the back about an inch.
  18. B

Leveling Rear

I want to bring the rear down an inch to level everything out. I read on here that people use the flex springs to lower. Anybody know exactly how much they lower the rear?
  19. B

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

Anybody done it yet? I removed them to plastic dip but want to just leave them off now. Obviously the holes need to be filled but the front trim poses the biggest problem. Just wanted to check if anybody had any ideas.
Back