Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2.7 vs 3.5 litre Ecoboost ?

How does everyone like the smaller engines ? RED13Sport
  2. R

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

Any updates on how the v3 tune performs ? Who's been to the track with it ? Red13Sport
  3. R

CD Eject-NOT

Short Story Crystal, I like the saying;"The Loosing Story is Always The Longest" Just picked up my Red13Sport and all is well. Treadwell Ford here in Mobile replaced the radio and touch screen. I'd like to send out an "At-A-Boy" to Lester Coleman the service writer through you for a job...
  4. R

CD Eject-NOT

Took it to the dealer Tuesday. Said they have to replace the radio and would order it. Should be in by now. Had to travel this week so will call Monday and set up when to get it swapped. Thanks for being here, RED13Sport
  5. R

CD Eject-NOT

Crystal I've talked to my dealer, just got to drop it off. 29,120 miles. Thanks
  6. R

CD Eject-NOT

Hi all. Minor hick-up with the Sport. It seems the eject button doesn't see my finger. CD plays ect but can't be taken out. Anyone have this problem or suggestion before I take it by the dealer ? Best, Red13Sport
  7. R

Should I get the "Protector Treatment" for my new Limited?

I turned down that offer too. I've used "Liquid Glass" polish on my cars and trucks for years. So good it makes the soap bead up and stays on for a very long time. It's an old product and a little pricey at $30 a can but well worth it. Makes this red ex look a foot deep :eek: Just my 2...
  8. R

Running an OCC (Oil Catch Can) on the 3.5L Ecoboost

I've had 2 oil separators on my Sport from the beginning, 21,710 miles, one year and 3 oil changes. Less than a tea spoon in each. One on the PCV and one on the other valve cover vent line. Also put an AC magnetic absolute check valve on the PCV side. Just thought the PCV valve might leak under...
  9. R

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

Liquid Glass. Not cheap but simply amazing. Use it on my collector cars and the red ex. Stays on forever too. Makes my 67 Nova with lacquer look like clear coat. This is what the show winners keep secret. RED13SPORT
  10. R

Intake Mod With AirAid Intake

Any downside to the original mod? Car wash, rain, turbulence ?
  11. R

Oil Viscosity-EB

This is mostly highway miles,,the average is 20.4 MPG so I'd think she's not running that rich. Blacks the pipes when you play with her :D The oil life was still 31% at 7000 miles. Ya know Ryan the 50W we used to race with measures 1200 S/S :eek:
  12. R

Oil Viscosity-EB

Second oil change in the Sport at 9500 miles. 5W30 Mobil 1 is 200 Sabolt Seconds on our gauge. The 5W30 Mobil 1 drained out at 7000 miles measures 140S/S. First oil change at 2500 miles, the original oil measured 170 S/S which caused me to think the factory fill was thinner than the...
  13. R

Intake Mod With AirAid Intake

Is that App available for I5 ? Does it read boost, oil pressure, EGT ?
  14. R

Rain X on an Ex

I read somewhere Ford doesn't recommend applying RainX on the windshield of the new Ex. Anyone see this or have any problems with RainX ? Red13Sport
  15. R

1/4 Mile Run Times

Ken, you expected the extra boost to push a hose off ? Is the intercooler sandwiched between the radiator and the A/C evaporator or is it out front ? In all not a complete loss, which track where you at ?
  16. R

1/4 Mile Run Times

Ken do have the stock air filter and box? And do you have the summer tires?
  17. R

Popping, Clicking noise from front. Newer TSB

Ken, was the noise comming from "end play" or was it slipping in the splines:eek: ? Red13Sport
  18. R

Question for 2013 Explorer Sport Owners

Red14, in the 1980's Ford had an advertising jingle /song that ask when was the last time you had a car that brings the road alive? During the commercial they showed vid's of Fords race cars, Bill Elliot's NASCAR, Bob Glidon's ProStock TBird. That's what I was referring to, so enjoy your new...
  19. R

Question for 2013 Explorer Sport Owners

Red14Sport welcome. Don't loose any sleep over your decision. This is my first Ford in 23 years and there where a few minor glitches on the GM's, great trucks, but no issues with the 13 Sport in 6600 miles. Yea you get a little wiff at 100mph if the recirculate is on,,,don't have it on,,but it's...
  20. R

1/4 Mile Run Times

Can you alter the front to back percentage with the tune ? Are these different tunes increasing the boost pressure of the turbos ? Red13Sport
  21. R

Is Explorer Sport Ecoboost fastest 7 seater SUV?

Agreed. "The loosing story is always the longest" LOL :D
  22. R

New 2013 Sport MPG

Bone Stock Sport....................3000 miles. 18.5 all average 21.8 highway 100 miles at 75MPH on cruise A/C on. worst I've seen in town tank 17.3 Red13Sport
  23. R

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Has anyone experienced symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning ?
  24. R

TMS Selections

With all the rain storms we have had here in Mobile,Ala I had the idea maybe should switch the TMS to another setting for deep water Exploration :eek: Ended up just leaving it in normal mode and all was fine. Seems like I read somewhere the Front to Rear % split and TC in the different...
  25. R

Sport Turbo Hose Issues

Turbo Hose Took a friend to lunch today,who owns a Porsche SUV,, his second one. Well if you ride with him he likes to show you how well the Porsche performs, speed AND brakes. LOL So as we leave his business I do the expected and step on the ExSport. About half way through second gear the...
Back