Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Lean While Idling

The engine is from a 1999 Ranger with regular emissions. Swapped all my Cali emissions over.
  2. M

Lean While Idling

That's what I'm thinking, either so tiny it's near impossible to find, and or it's just old As for the fuel pump and filter. They're both Motorcraft, replaced about 10k miles ago. The o2 sensors have less than that, and they're Bosch. The engine has all new gaskets. Intake and everything is...
  3. M

Lean While Idling

While driving, the fuel trims seem to almost always stay a little lean. It'll be 10-11 while idle. Around 6 under moderate throttle, and about 3 under full throttle, while driving. Seems to get closer to 0 at high rpms I think my previous idea of the lean going away under a tad throttle, is...
  4. M

Lean While Idling

I actually cleaned it awhile ago, but I don't recall if I oiled it. Seems like something I would do, but I don't remember. I do think it works okay, but it still might not be closing 100%. Probably time to check it again. Also I didn't know about the filter! Will definitely check that too!
  5. M

Lean While Idling

Hi everyone. Ive had this issue with my truck for forever. It even has a completely different engine now, but it's still running lean while idling. (according to the long term fuel trim) The slightest but of throttle, and it disappears. Otherwise it drives normal, sounds great, just worse MPG...
  6. M

I'M BACK! 1999 Explorer used engine swap

Got it done!! Runs smoother than ever before! Obviously the goal, but with a junkyard engine, I was worried. Seems to be strong! I'M BACK!!
  7. M

So I've made a bit of progress today! Got the old engine out, but now I need to wait on a couple more gaskets, most notibly, orings for the oil filter housing. From looking up in the bottom of the replacement engine, all cylinders seem to have good cross-hatching so it's looking great! Had a...
  8. M

Hi guys! I'm sure you all missed me haha, I know I missed you all! Anyways after my engine being blown up for over a year, I finally got a replacement OHV. 117k mile engine from a 1999 Ranger fed emission. My Explorer is Cali emissions so, I'll have to swap a lot of parts, which is fine...
  9. M

1996-2001 ford explorer / mountaineer workshop manual (5567 pages!)

Turned on the old laptop for you. :chug:
  10. M

Two Different Upstream O2 Sensors?

Yeah, but these are actually a bit different. One has a lot of smaller holes, and the other a few bigger ones. My only guess was it had to do with different flow characteristics, or amount of heat between the left and right, and they found that making one with smaller holes would improve accuracy.
  11. M

Two Different Upstream O2 Sensors?

Hi, so I'm just curious. I bought new upstream O2 sensors, and they are different for the right and left. They're Bosch Part #s: 13117 and 15664. Any idea why Bosch did this? My factory ones both appeared to be the same as the 15664. I thought maybe it was an error with the parts store, so I...
  12. M

Timken Throwout bearing

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do. Thanks for your opinion!
  13. M

Timken Throwout bearing

More in general, but its an FTE slave out of a genuine Ford box.
  14. M

Timken Throwout bearing

Hi, guys, back again. Lol I've searched and searched and searched, with no luck. I got a Timken Throwout bearing for my new slave, becuase people seem to really swear by them. My problem is, the bearing face stops against the retaining ring. I'm worried if I push my clutch in all the way, the...
  15. M

FTE makes Ford slave cylinders?

I bought a "Genuine Ford" clutch slave cylinder off of Amazon, and when I opened the box, (Legit Ford box) the slave has no indication that its Ford, but it is branded FTE? I contacted Ford and have not gotten any help so far. Is this what Ford is selling as a genuine replacement? I don't know...
  16. M

Remove cable from parking brake pedal assembly?

I think it's step 2 in my one picture, no?
  17. M

Now that you say that, I feel like I remember seeing that. Hmm. lol Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the only picture I posted. I'll check my PC in a bit, and see.
  18. M

Lol nope. My only picture was post #6. @swshawaii posted that link though, which has good pictures.
  19. M

I didn't bother with those steps because he stated he already had it out of the vehicle, so they seemed useless.
  20. M

New (to me) Sport, needs some work done

Yep, I would say just do one by one. Start with the OBD port and suspension for sure. Also, it sounds like a local junkyard would be your friend.
  21. M

No problem! Let us know how it goes.
  22. M

This is what the Factory manual for a '99 says. Hopefully this works.
  23. M

Rear quarter window replacement.

I personally just unbolted it, leaving a few around it slightly threaded on, then pushed on one side with my legs, then the other. However it was extremely sketchy. Do it at your own risk.. Also, to start off, you can try to just tighten the bolts, I've heard some people have had success doing...
  24. M

Rear quarter window replacement.

I had to reseal mine. I used butyl tape from Autozone.
  25. M

A/C and release bearing?

I just checked for probably the 30th time again, and the sound is indeed my release bearing. The A/C compressor is as quiet as can be. The only thing I can think is the A/C causes the idle to drop just enough to make it audible, and make the bearing...go weird, for lack of a better term, and...
Back