Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Other rides: 1966 Mustang Coupe Sprint 200, 1969 Mustang Mach I, 2006 Mustang GT, 1996 Bronco

Other rides: 1966 Mustang Coupe Sprint 200, 1969 Mustang Mach I, 2006 Mustang GT, 1996 Bronco
  2. F

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

You are quite correct, Peter, and thanks for pointing that out! I do have the 245/60/18 (too many #s running through my head while typing!). After a lengthy discussion with the guys at Costco yesterday, I settled on the 255/55/18 BF Goodrich KO2's to replace the factory tires. I always had...
  3. F

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Quick question for those of you that have changed your tires out. My stock tires finally need replaced, but I want to go a big more aggressive. I have the 245x70x18s and am looking at the BF Goodrich A/T 255/70/18. Anyone do something comparable and run into any problems? I was looking to...
  4. F

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I have a 2013 XLT...black cloth interior (my personal preference as I ordered this vehicle). I've been debating waiting another year or 2 and buying a Sport with a couple more options. But now we're talking new house...so instead I've decided to add a few things to this one. Right now we have a...
  5. F

PTU Problems

Hold the phone! I'm reading over all these other posts and am wondering something. A few months back I started smelling something usually at low speeds or sitting at an idle...to me it smells like the gear oil we used when we had to rebuild the rear end of my 99 F150...could this smell actually...
  6. F

PTU Problems

Got it! Thanks! I saw somewhere a conversation about transfer case and PTU, but the dealer called it a "transfer case". LOL
  7. F

PTU Problems

Transfer Case issues I saw a couple of other threads, but they seemed older and I didn't want to hijack one of them. Just a question - has anyone had to have their transfer case replaced? Dealer charges $400+ for the 30000 mile check, so I conned my hubby into doing it for me - mostly...
  8. F

K&N Intake

Thanks much! Pretty much what I was thinking but I wanted to hear from experience. :-)
  9. F

K&N Intake

Thanks!!
  10. F

K&N Intake

K&N air filter - thoughts? There's got to be a thread for this already, but can't find it. Anyone replace their stock air filter with a K&N filter? Wondering what your reviews might be...run into any problems since putting it in, any boost in performance? Worth it or not?
  11. F

Meet "RUBI".. HID LAMS,PIAA FOGS CARBON FIBER WRAP AND PLASTI DIP GRILL (PICS HEAVY)

I know this is an old thread but I kept it saved to come back to once my XLT came in. Have only done a couple small things so far....front window tint, shark fin, hood lettering....but I absolutely love the look of the carbon fiber on "Rubi's" hood! BB, if you're still lurking about, any more...
  12. F

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Bumping this back up as its also something i'm thinking about. :). Anyone? Bueller?
  13. F

Push Bar for Explorer

I'm a little fickle so I want the option that if I ever get tired of the look, I can take it off without permanent damage.... ;) And I hate to have to order a replacement part for something like this. Do you have any clearance issues with how low it sits? Roamingphantom...I like the...
  14. F

Push Bar for Explorer

Bull Guard Hey all! I'm looking for a nice bull guard for my new 2013 XLT. I like the look of the stainless steel Black Horse but it looks really low and I read that you have to notch the bumper cover for installation. Anyone have experience installing this? Like it? Other bull guards you...
  15. F

What's been your experience with delivery times?

That's awesome!! I'm Ford through and through so I have no doubt it will last you that long or longer!! Enjoy!
  16. F

That does sound ominous....here's sending you my good luck at finally getting mine...maybe it will rub off for you. ;). Keep us updated!
  17. F

Wow oh wow oh wow!! Completely unexpected but the dealer called yesterday morning and the Ex had just been delivered! I was able to take ownership last night!!! Woohoo...been enjoying the new ride all day...although its gonna take me years to learn everything on it!! LOL. Absolutely worth...
  18. F

2014 Explorer Limited Order

Exciting, isn't it?!! You can PM Cory or Crystal on here for updates...I believe they just need your order #, dealer name to get started. :). Not sure about any delays in production due to the recall....maybe someone else will have more info...
  19. F

Thanks for the info! Here's hoping yours arrives soon!
  20. F

Cory and Crystal have been FANTASTIC giving me updates on my order....but what has been everyone's actual experience with delivery times....how long after production to dealer? I ordered 4/5, got VIN on 5/22 with a blend date of 5/31. Was advised 5/28 that it was in production and today was...
  21. F

2013 Explorer ordered 4-3-2013

Hey, JanB! Cory told me today my Ex has rolled off the line and is getting ready to start moving to the dealer...no delivery ETA tho....so you may want to PM Cory or Crystal for an update on yours!! ;) I'm hoping to take delivery next week (fingers and toes crossed) in time for our family...
  22. F

Car/Truck/SUV/CUV - What you you call your 5th Gen Explorer?

Funny. Hubby and I have had this discussion. I'm totally with OffTrac on this one....where I'm from 1word syllables are easiest in conversation...so between truck or car....I refer to it as a truck. Of course I do know the difference as I'm selling my F150... :(
  23. F

2013 Explorer ordered 4-3-2013

When I ordered my mustang a few years ago I thought the blend date was basically a build date. Will also tell you that I ordered my XLT 2 days after you and have the same blend date. Got a PM from Cory a couple days ago and was advised its in production and should be rolling off the line short...
  24. F

My 2013 Sport has arrived

I have to agree...while extra quality is a good thing, 70+ miles is a bit much....could actually make the difference in a warranty issue....maybe... But congrats! Love the color, too!
  25. F

When did you get your window sticker

Good luck....happy trails for the weekend! :)
Back