Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2010 radio back light works sometimes

Factory dvd head unit. How do i fix the back light so its functioning normal again?
  2. J

No heat after replacing some coolant lines

The lines that run to the heater core for the front heat and they branch out to run to the rear were leaking so I ended up making my own. It's plumbed in correctly and topped off with antifreeze, but now I get no heat what so ever front and rear. When I discovered the leak yesterday, the heat...
  3. J

At the dealership

Called my local Ford shop last week to see about getting my tranny flushed (51,000 mile 6R80) and they said that they don't recommend dropping the pan and changing the filter anymore. And they still wanted $200 to do it. I really wanted to service it while is still under the power train...
  4. J

What is the button?

On my 10 EB, what is the blank button between the seat warmers suppose to be for?
  5. J

What are you paying for your new Explorer?

Considering trading in our 2010 for a new one, but can't seem to find the guts to pull the trigger because of the price. Curious what everyone else is paying for theirs. Looking at an XLT with leather and touch screen radio. Nothing to special.
  6. J

V8 ticking noise

Looking at buying a 2010 EB with the 4.6. I only has 31,500 miles on it. When I popped the hood I noticed the ticking really bad. A little search on here talked about the cam phasers, which is the same thing my buddy that use to work at Ford said. I could only hear it when the hood is up...
  7. J

Rear ABS codes, weird

So I have 2 codes, B1235 and B1236. Scanner says ABS sensors on rear are not signaling, or something like that. I find it odd that both sensors would go out at the same time. I can't find anything when I search google or this site. Any thoughts? Is B for body? Google brought back some codes...
  8. J

Three codes, one I need help with

Yesterday the engine light came on. I have a P0171, P0191 and P1237. I've done some research for the first two and I have a couple things im going to try. I'm not sure about the P1237 though. Fuel pump or a secondary circuit? Any experience or thoughts? Could it be that they are all three related?
  9. J

Pulled the codes and fixed a few things

I had codes P0300 and P0316. After some research on here I decided to replace the spark plugs and wires since they had 119K miles on them, needed done anyways. The truck had sit for a day or so when I installed them, so the first time it cranked up it was cold and with new plugs/wires. It...
  10. J

3rd gen 6-disc changer

Looking for a factory 6 disc cd changer to fit my 04. It has the steering wheel controls is that makes a different. The changer quit working on mine.
  11. J

ABS Code C2900

I replaced my ABS module with a junkyard one. My problem doesn't seem to be fixed and my ABS light is still on. This is the code I have. I know if means VIN mismatch, but what does that mean and how do I fix it. Also it seems that the truck is doing most of the braking on the rear wheels...
  12. J

Brake issues

So I took my wifes 04 EB in today to have the ABS looked at. They said it needs an ABS module, almost $400, PMI Fluid (what the heck is that), and a transducer. I'm assuming the PMI fluid is just brake fluid. The transducer is throwing me off. I'd say it's something that senses and...
  13. J

Wiring short

Yesterday my wife's 04 EB started to lock the doors on it's own when you hit a bump. I drove it and we first thought it was when you are turning the steering wheel, but it ends up being when you hit a bump. Kind of odd huh? Anyone know where a normal wear point would be on the wiring so maybe...
  14. J

Loud roaring

Well i thought it was time to replace the BFG's on the old ladies Explorer. They had 58,000 on them and were still looking decent but the roaring was horrible. It should like i had an old set of mud tires on it. I bought some new tires about 1 hour ago and it didn't help any. Sounds like...
  15. J

04 factroy tow package

Last week my brother in law was going to take my car hauler to Philly to pick up a Ford farm tractor. His explorer is a 04 with the V8. He pluged up to my trailer and the junction box started to smoke and the pigtail got really hot he said. I wasn't there. It also blew his taillight fuse...
  16. J

how do i get the fuel out of the tank?

I've got a full tank of gas in my explorer and i need to empty the tank. I tried to run a hose down the filler hose but wasn't able to get inside the tank itself. How can i get the fuel out??
  17. J

head light moisture

I just bought my wife an 04 EB. I noticed the other day that there was some moisture in the headlight assembly. How can i fix this from becoming an ugly problem?
  18. J

Post you DVD system pics

Post your DVD system pics I'm in the market for a DVD system for my wifes 04 EB. I think i want head rest screens, but not sure what to do for the DVD player itself. So i'd like to see what you've got. It doesn't have to be head rests, anything will work!
  19. J

c5 behind the 4.0

I know this has been covered, but i can't seem to find the thread i had bookmarked, so i'll ask it again. I've got a C5 getting rebuilt. The guy i bought it from gave me the flex plate that came off the 2.8. Well the flex plate on the 2.8 has 6 bolts and the flex plate for the 4.0 has 8...
  20. J

1350 vs 1354 and a C5

What do you all think. What is the big difference between the two. I'm not worried about any kind of measurements for mounts or anything like since i'll be making new cross members and driveshafts. I'm in the process of buying a C5 from a guy and he's got a 1350 Manual he'll give me with...
  21. J

th400

Anyone have any experience with these? any chance of this being compatiable with explorers? Only reason i'm asking is i've got someone wanting to trade me one.
  22. J

where should i buy tires from?

Anyone know of a good shop that has good service? I'm looking for some 37's, probably a 12.50 in a 15" rim. I looked at NTW and they the IROKS for 207, i thought that was pretty good. I'm not an IROK fan for some reason though. I'd also like to have your suggestion on what tire. You know...
  23. J

JoshC's SAS #2

I guess i'll follow the trend like so many others on here. D44, 9" full width. I picked these axles up late last year or early this year i don't remember and they've been in the garage taking up space. I've been gathering parts for a little while too. So far i've got: -Yukon 5.13's...
  24. J

Ford 9" axle shaft bearings

Anyone know how these come off? It looks like maybe there is a nut holding them on, but i wasn't sure and if so i don't know which way it comes off. Can someone help me?
  25. J

making some links

I'm going to be making some radius arms hopefully in the near future and i'd was wondering if i should go with the adjustable (threaded) bungs or just the pivot and bushing welded directly on the end of the tube. I know the benefit of having the adjustable, that way i could correct any issues...
Back