Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

I pulled the large blue plug with the heavy gauge red wire on the drivers side of the terminal if you will, that brought down all the inside electronics. When I reattached and started it up it indicated "scheduled maintenance" or something like that for a second then booted up ok. We'll see if...
  2. J

2016 Sport A/C sucks!!!

Agree with you, our 2014 Sport handles Phoenix with ease, we find we are always turning down the fan speed shortly after if cools down. seems they have powerful A/C in these from what I've seen.
  3. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Correct, the left and right displays on either side of the speedometer are the ones going black, the Navigation display, radio or other pages on the main 8" MFD in the center don't go black when this occurs. When navigating when I drive it I usually keep the Nav Page open on the right 4" display...
  4. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

It was the one on Bell and I-17. They tried I think, just no codes or anything to work with it would appear. Only steps I see is starting to replacing boxes to fix it, but I plan to get a tech in the car and reproduce it and see what they think. I'll have my wife drive it a bit longer to see how...
  5. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Notice it mostly while using Navigation, regardless of the route entered, never recall it happening before until recently with the Navigation active. We rarely use that function. Other times they black out is usually when backing out of the garage or when you shift to Drive and start driving...
  6. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Interesting experience at the dealer. They ended up "updating" my GPSM, which the service manager said was the GPS module. Didn't solve the issue unfortunately. Scheduled service on Wednesday to make sure they could have it all day, called at the end of the day and they hadn't touched it...
  7. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

We were in downtown area of San Diego but not near tall buildings, however it was down a slope near the water and there are obstructions to the East with the terrain, so I suspect lack of good satellites. Does the system use GLONASS also? The GPS has worked fine since we owned it so it was a...
  8. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Step in the right direction I suppose. With the price if a decked out F150 approaching $60K, sooner or later people will be expecting some high end technology to go with that price. Spent a week driving my wife's Explorer on a vacation trip and without a HUD(that I got used to on BMW) I...
  9. J

Hood almost blown off from gust of wind

Mine as done this several times now, usually with wind gusts. Taking it to the dealer very soon as it happened again. Hood also vibrates visibly and noise wise under certain conditions, obviously a hood issue going on here with my 2014 Sport.
  10. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

You can get spoiled once you have one for awhile. At first I thought it was annoying but now come to rely on it. On the BMW I'm driving you can select what can get displayed and it only has it there when you need it, such as an incoming/outgoing phone call or your are navigating, etc. One handy...
  11. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

The Garmin HUD is the only one I've seen that appears to integrate phone and Nav and other features, seems good for the price compared to the others on Amazon anyway.
  12. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Does anybody know if Ford will implement a HUD? Could be a slick new feature to integrate with the new Sync since it's open for development.
  13. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

I think that one is $3.99 in the iTunes Store, but it allows you to test it with the car before buying, I might do that for the heck of it to see what happens. Smart move for someone to come up with that app.
  14. J

Sync 3

I think its impressive that Ford has the inflatable rear seat belts. I don't know if Dodge or GM have that available but I think its good Ford did. Although they claim there is no braking, my Sport sure slows down when needed while using the adaptive cruise control. I think Ford should go the...
  15. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

I'll have to try to get it to the car and see what happens, seems a lot of work though. The BMW destination is always there when I get in, so appears to not have much latency. Would be nice to be able to select the route rather than just the destination and the Nav sorting out the route. I've...
  16. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

If you have your phone with you at the time and still connected to BT. I'll remind my wife to set up her new phone to the explorer, I don't think she has done that yet. The reference to the SIM card was meant that cellular data built into the SYNC system would be nice so as not to need a USB...
  17. J

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Having a new BMW X3 35i, and comparing it to my wife's Sport, I'm hoping Ford will take some notes on the competitors systems, like the ConnectedDrive system. Although the user interface is not touch screen (except the touchpad on the iDrive interface), its got an onboard hard drive and the...
  18. J

2014 Ford Explorer Rear Window Spoiler Ridiculous

Ha, better tell to the tuners in the other section Peter! Living in the desert, our cars get dust on the front, back, side, top and inside no matter what shape or aerodynamics, just have to wash it once a week.
  19. J

2014 Ford Explorer Rear Window Spoiler Ridiculous

Would be nice to get a 3D model and do some computational fluid dynamics to see the flow around the whole vehicle. Then maybe add atmospheric conditions vs speed and then add particles such as snow, dust, ice and volcanic ash to see the collection efficiency. Follow that up with some conjugate...
  20. J

2014 New Owners - Check Your Wheels when you pick up your new ride..

The outer edge of the wheel cover is right where the marks are. I suspect that is the cause.
  21. J

2014 New Owners - Check Your Wheels when you pick up your new ride..

All four of my rims, on the silver part, have a mark/smudge all the way around the rim similar to one of your pictures. The black paint is Ok. I thought the dealer didn't clean them good so when I got home tried to get that off but its on there. Can't notice it much from about 10 feet away, but...
  22. J

New 2014 Sport Owner - A Few Questions>>>

I paid around $30 bucks for some chrome ones at Discount Tire. They installed and torqued them for free. Matches the stock ones just fine.
  23. J

Sirius Travel Link. WORKS In Canada

I guess I should clarify that my comment is was certainly not a complaint about the weather maps, just an observation about the system. One wouldn't be expected to use that map for any critical weather related decision making, its just a nice added feature and data point to have when driving so...
  24. J

Sirius Travel Link. WORKS In Canada

I checked mine tonight, fuel seemed to update and all the grades were working. Some selections were spinning but eventually updated when I started the engine and backed out of the garage to pick up a satellite. Its not quick by any means, but does update after a minute or two on mine at least...
  25. J

My 2013 Explorer Sport Nightmare

Strange event, I wonder why there weren't any oil pressure messages earlier before the engine died/failed. Sounds like something failed and he dumped oil in a short period of time or something rather than a slow leak it would seem, like on the one drive home or something. I've checked my oil...
Back