Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2008 6.4L Super Duty Recall (37,000)

Exactly what Ford needs right now.... http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/03/ford_tailpipe_fires.html here's a neat video: That's fuel knock that your hearing from the injector leaking down. Not good! -Drew
  2. E

How to find PCM updates for your Ford!!

To post a question or response to this thread, please visit the origional thread in the EEC-V section or click HERE This is basically what I do at work, but more on the GM side (since they are a lot easier). Ford put catchword stickers or "tear tags" on their PCMs and either under the hood...
  3. E

How to find PCM updates for your Ford!!

This is basically what I do at work, but more on the GM side (since they are a lot easier). Ford put catchword stickers or "tear tags" on their PCMs and either under the hood or in the door jams of the front doors. They are usually hard to find, but for my 2000 4.0L SOHC it was right on the...
  4. E

BMW First To Offer Factory HD-Radio

http://www.bmwusa.com/uniquelybmw/Innovations/entertainment?id=242 Thought that was a little interesting. I know our radio stations around virginia have been getting hitting hard by the HD-radio commercials. -Drew
  5. E

Price of Labor

So what do you guys pay these days? I'm on the other end of the spectrum - I charge the labor rate :D Anyhow, I am sometimes shocked to hear how cheap some people are getting things done. The shop I work for is a large independent shop that has grown for 25+ years and we charge $73/hour...
  6. E

Solved Information on the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAFS) Link

This is just a link to Glacier991's thread in the EEC-V section of the forum about the Mass Air Flow Sensor. A great description and information that can be used! Mass Air Flow (MAF) Information by Glacier991 -Drew
  7. E

BMWs Twins

BMW in the past few months has made available the new 3-series coupe with a 250 hp engine. Now, the new 335i will have a 300hp twin turbo 3.0L engine. This is the first time in a long time that BMW has gone into turbos. Here is a little description: Sounds great to me! I will...
  8. E

TSB 05-15-5 IRS Axle Shaft Seal Leak

TSB 05-15-5 LEAKS FROM REAR HALFSHAFT AXLE SEAL Publication Date: July 13, 2005 FORD: 2002-2005 Explorer 2003-2005 Expedition LINCOLN: 2003-2005 Aviator, Navigator MERCURY: 2002-2005 Mountaineer This article supersedes TSB 04-10-5 to update the vehicle lines, model years...
  9. E

Brake Fluid Flush - Who Does It?

Brake Fluid Flushing via vaccum device or just filling the Master Cylinder up and bleeding over and over to get new fluid into the system is what I am talking about. Who does it? The intervals for this is about every 2 years. So I bet a lot of you all are saying "uhh- I haven't done...
  10. E

Ford and GM Merger...

I was kind of surprised to see that heading of a news article: Ford, GM have discussed merger;alliance -Drew
  11. E

2007 Chevy Silverado

Front end is similar to the newer Tahoes/Yukons, but the lights sort of look like the newer Super Duties. The truck is suppose to be released this fall. You're thoughts? Official Site Video: Here If you go to the video you can see GM's full line of the new body style. -Drew
  12. E

What Causes Different Trans Line Pressure

This is more of a hypothetical question - just to get your theory on things. If your not familiar, a transmission flush machine hooks up the the trans lines and then exchanges fluid (old to new). Anyhow, when the machine is hooked up it reads the line pressure. Now, before and today the...
  13. E

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

Fords have an issue with their (Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust Gas Recirculation [EGR]) DPFE Sensors. The DPFE sensor regulates how much exhaust runs back into the system for emissions reasoning. Now, this is what it looks like: If you notice the sensor above it is metal/aluminum...
  14. E

List of Useful Threads TSB Information for the Explorer (List)

Any Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for the Explorer will be linked into this Thread so people will not have to search so hard for TSBs or Fix Information. TSB List: TSB 02-7-6 4.0L SOHC Timing Chain Rattle TSB 05-12-6 2002 Explorer Rear End Whine TSB 00-24-3 Accelerator Pedal...
  15. E

How to: Hold-A-Bolt Trick...

Say your under a truck and you need a extremely long extension to reach a bolt with a flex-socket. You get it out without a whole lot of hassle - but then you get back to putting things back together and you have to somehow get that bolt all the way up there on that extension and socket and it...
  16. E

Solved TSB 02-7-6 4.0L SOHC Timing Chain Rattle

*Engine - 4.0L SOHC - Rattle noise from primary chain drive area between 2K-3K RPM - Cold engine operation only *Noise - Rattle noise from primary timing chain drive area between 2K-3K RPM - Cold engine operation only - vehicles equipped with 4.0L SOHC Engine only Ford: 99-02 Explorer...
  17. E

Will These Wheels Fit

I was searching the threads and noticed Mountainnergreen's Elite Registry and his pictures. He showed a GREAT way of how to find out how wheels will fit! If you can - find a friend or a person selling wheels locally who may let you borrow the wheels to test fit for clearance and...
  18. E

Need Help: Biggest Wheels and Tire Size on Any Gen

I am need of your help. I want to put together a chart similar to the Lifts and Max Tire Size chart for Big Wheels (17,18, 20, 22, etc) and tire size. Rules: Post only tire size, wheel size/even if your stock (diameter and width - add backspacing and offset if possible), and generation (1st...
  19. E

F-150 A-Pillar Handles Install

First off, I want to say that this is a VERY cool mod. Section525 beat me to it (click here to see his - he used regular explorer handles though :thumbdwn: ;) )- but he pushed me into finishing mine (from a year ago). Here is my old thread...
  20. E

The Insides of a Computer

About 4 months ago at work a guy was working on a Honda which had a intermittent no-start condition. The guy who owned it tried to do the normal stuff, starter - battery - etc. But he couldn't figure it out. The engine was just replaced with a junk yarder - and after the guy installed it, the...
  21. E

I need to know about 3rd gen wheels/tires

Alright guys - I need some help. I know a few of you guys have messed around with your 02-05s with wheels and tires. What fits and what doesn't or what makes them fit? Let me know any/ALL the information possible. I am trying to update the "lifts and max tire size" chart here: Dead Link...
  22. E

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

If you are expierencing a rough idle and you have a feeling it is the IAC Valve - Use a hammer and LIGHTLY tap the motor to see if there is a change in idle or the vehicle starts to idle correctly. Some IAC Valves will give a hiss/noise at idle. If you unplug the IAC and the noise goes away -...
  23. E

How to: Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve Replacement

Recently, I was having a rough idle and one time a bad stumble that I thought was going to cut off on me. I have cleaned my IAC once, but not really that well. So, after awhile of dealing with it - I decided to op out for a new one. The service writer at my shop told me that NAPA didn't make...
  24. E

Rebuilt Or Remanufactured?

So, say your engine/transmission goes out and you have the option of either rebuilding your motor (by another person, not you) or getting a remanufacturered engine (i.e. Jasper), which one would you choose? Prices: Rebuilt - $2,000 (total time/labor/parts - removal and reinstall)...
  25. E

New Forum Section: Technician Corner

Technician Corner There is now a new section called Technician Corner. This is where you can post helpful tips on how to do certain things properly. You can post important TSBs or Recalls that are helpful to a large amount of people, pretty much anything that will bridge the gap between...
Back