Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

.. a mind of it'sown??

Thanks,EddyB!--Could you tell me where the vacuum check valve is?? Thanks!!
  2. D

.. a mind of it'sown??

it does it constantly,wehter at idle,or under any type of load.
  3. D

.. a mind of it'sown??

It does the same thing,no matter what the RPMs are,and there is no hissing sound.
  4. D

.. a mind of it'sown??

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLS. It has the 4.0 V-6 engine. I am having trouble with the heating/cooling control. I turn on the A/C,or the heat,and it starts working. However,after a minute,or so,all the air is them diverted to the defrost vents. After a few minutes of this,it will revert back...
  5. D

Rip-Off???

Thanks for the info. There won't be any way to prove how they got broke,so it is what it is. Now,if they don't produce the broken parts,that will be a big problem for them, Thank You for taking the time to respond to my post! It is very much appreciated!!
  6. D

Rip-Off???

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLS with the 4.0 V-6 engine. The top of the radiator cracked. I took it to a local shop and was quoted about $720.00 to Remove/Replace this. I said to do it. They called me back later and said that both the left,and right radiator support brackets were broke,and...
  7. D

Heating/Cooling

I am not noticing anything more. On the High setting,it used to roast me out in about 10-15 highway miles. Now,after 40 miles,it doesn't,and the cabin isn't all that warm. The steering wheel is only cool,at best!
  8. D

Heating/Cooling

I am wondering if a door broke. I heard that this was a common thing on the Fords,and Mopars of that era. I was wondering if any one else has had the same experience
  9. D

Heating/Cooling

Nothing has changed. The cabin air filter is fine. The blower motor works at all speeds,the heater hoses under the hood are hot. It just seems to not have the volume of either hot,or cold air coming out of it. No obstructions on the intake.
  10. D

Heating/Cooling

11. D

Heating/Cooling

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLS. I had the actuator on the heating cooling unit replaced about 6 months ago.. I can get heat,or cool air--no problem. The fan works great. The problem is that it seems not to be putting out the volume of air that it used to. The coolant level is fine,and it does...
  12. D

Gaskets/O-Rings?

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLS. I am trying to find a place where I can purchase the gaskets/o-rings for the tail light assembly. I don't need the whole pig tail unit,just the gaskets/o-rings. Can any one please tell me where to purchase these items? Thank You!!
  13. D

New to me

I just bought a 2006 Ford Explorer,with 91,400 actual miles on it. I can not find where to plug in my engine scanner. I feel like an idiot for asking,but can some one tell me where it's located?? Thanks,and have a great weekend!
  14. D

drive train

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer with the 4.0 V-6 SOHC engine. While driving down the road,(after about 10 miles),the 4 High,and 4 Low lights on the dash will blink on and off for 6 times,and then will stop,and do it again every 2 minutes. Any one else have this problem? Any advise on how to fix...
  15. D

Engine Codes

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer,Eddie Bauer Edition. It has the 4.0 V-6 SOHC engine. I hooked up the scanner to it today,and got 2 Codes: P1703 (Brake Switch out of test range),and P1780 (Transmission Control Switch O/D Circuit Out of Self Test Range). Can any one advise/help me with this...
  16. D

Power Chip

I am wondering if any one has purchased the "G Force" power chip that is advertized here? It sounds like it's a good thing,but are the really safe for the computer,and do they work? Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
  17. D

'98 Windows going down roughly

I had the same problem on my '99. After I got the windows down I sprayed silicone lube on the tracks. Works great,now!
  18. D

Lower radiiator hose coolant heater?

I have a 1999 Explorer with the 4.0 SOHC engine. I live in the midwest where the winters are cold. I would like to install an engine heater on the lower radiator hose. I contacted Katz engine heaters,and all they have for this is the frost/freeze plug heater. I really don't want that kind of...
  19. D

power windows

Thanks,bobflood,I found the wire,and followed what you suggested. I soldered in a splice,and it works great!
  20. D

power windows

The power windows in my '99 Explorer won't work. I pulled down the rubber boot in the left front door,and there was a blue/black wire that was broke about 2" down from the cylinder mounted on the door. I can not find the other end of the wire! I took off the kickboard,and pulled up the carpet...
  21. D

power windows

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer,(Eddie Bauer). For some reason,all of the power windows stopped working. I have checked the fuses,and they are all good. I do not see any broken wires anywhere. The master switch,and none of the other 3 door switches will not operate the windows. Any help/thoughts on...
  22. D

ABS light

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer,Eddie Bauer,4.0 v-6,sohc engine. The ABS light came on. Any ideas on what to check on this? Thanks.
  23. D

electronic compass/temp. display

i have a 1999 eddie bauer explorer,4.0 sohc engine. the electronic compass/outside temp. display does not work. nothing displays on it. i've checked the fuse,and it is good. any suggestions on what to try next? thanks,and have a great day!
  24. D

engine bucks/lurches

no cel,no codes
  25. D

engine bucks/lurches

hi,i'm devildog13,and could use some help. i have a '99 explorer,eddie bauer,with the 4.0 v-6,sohc. it starts,idles fine,but even going up the slightest hill,the engine bucks,lurches,or whatever it's called. i have replaced the upper,and lower intake manifold gaskets,iac valve,throttle position...
Back