Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

4.6L 3v Exhaust Leak Tick: Exhaust Manifold Replacement Walkthrough

Well I was finally able to shoot a video showing in detail just how I replace these troublesome manifolds with all my tips and tricks I have learned throughout the years. I have also linked to all the tools and parts you will need to get the job done in the video description. I sure hope this...
  2. M

Fixing Fords Across America 2015 Summer Tour

Many of you already know me on the boards here sharing my wealth of information working in the dealership world. I have recently separated from the Ford dealer and have gone out on my own. I am planning a trip across America this June fixing Fords that are broke down for those people in need...
  3. M

4.6l 3v Spark Plug Removal Instructions

Few notes here- -It is best to do this while the engine is warm, so after soaking the plugs overnight blow out the rest of the solvent and reinstall coils without bolts and run engine till warm. -Also if your ignition coil boots are brown in color and not black you have the new plug design...
  4. M

4.6l 3v Broken Spark Plug Removal Method

Also here is a new video on what to do when the Lisle tool breaks while trying to extract the broken spark plug-
  5. M

4.6L 3v Camshaft Phaser Knock Noise Fix

I have also heard of owners have good luck running 5w-30 or 10w-30 and this noise never reappearing.
  6. M

Clicking Temp Blend Actuator Removal

I hope this helps some this extra cold winter, it is actually a very easy repair.
  7. M

Warning To All Ford Ecoboost Owners!

I also just posted a new video on how to prevent as much of this carbon buildup as possible.
  8. M

Ford Ecoboost Engine Carbon Deposits: What You Need to Know

There is a new tsb out for fuel dilution with new pcv and pcm software for cold climates.
  9. M

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

That is common on allot of the new brakes that are coming out on the new Ford nowadays.
  10. M

Ok so after watching the video you realize the problem is not that big correct? I would say the worst engine for this is the 2.0L Eco over any other. As far as the oil most as ours did use base stock oil not matter what you request or is told to you on the works coupon you received. Where as...
  11. M

Warning To All Ford Ecoboost Owners!

I think for the kind of deposits we are seeing here with baked on oil it may not do much at all I would be very interested to see one of these mushroomed carboned up intake valves be cleaned to normal condition with the water clean method.
  12. M

2002-2005 Ford Explorer Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement

Yeah I figured why not since most ask for it although many are not equipt to do the pressing.
  13. M

Here is my latest video on the Ecoboost Engines and carbon buildup. I quickly sum up what I was trying to say in my popular video- New Warning to All Ecoboost Owners. I go over what we are seeing at the dealers and what you can do to prevent any excess buildup of carbon as well as the latest...
  14. M

That is supposed to be a 20 Ton Press.
  15. M

Good thinking these are a real job to do.
  16. M

Radiator leaking once again

Here is a link for the 6R60- Yes I do think it is due to the higher pressure. These are one of the first vehicles Ford started using the higher psi in so I am sure there was some learning curve. All the new systems on Ford are 21psi nuts. It is only the originals in my experience, I...
  17. M

4.0L V6 SOHC P0171 P0174 Lean Codes- Common Cause

Agreed! Don't let them take you by over repairing the vehicle.
  18. M

Blower Motor Only Works On High

Yes same problem same fix but less common on the 06 and newer is all.
  19. M

@makuloco2000 - Some great How To's

Wow thanks for this post and getting the word out. I may not have much time for the boards but I do now have many videos up (over 300) explaining how to fix some of the most common issues you guys are likely to run into.
  20. M

4.0L V6 SOHC P0171 P0174 Lean Codes- Common Cause

While there are a few common cause for these codes on the vehicles ( I have a few videos on this already) this one is commonly overlooked as a potential cause of a rough idle, rolling idle and of course the lean codes P0171 P0174. Besides the quick fix in this video I show you how the pcm reacts...
  21. M

Here it is the long awaited rear wheel bearing replacement video. I think this one turned out well. In this video I walk you through the replacement procedure with tips and tricks learned throughout the years to make the job go smoother. At any rate if you live anywhere in the salt belt of...
  22. M

Nope that's the curb side i.e. slop side of the road.
  23. M

No the fronts are not a problem. The water and salt get trapped behind the clip, causing rust to build up and seize the pad in the bracket by pressure. The cleaned up bracket and grease prevent this. Yes as a dual dealer we see this all the time on the rears of the Chrysler van too...
  24. M

While this should be a non issue it is happening to allot of these, many with only 20k miles on them. What is happening is the rear caliper bracket is rusting so bad it wedges the pad and they never release and drag the whole time you are driving. If you have even low miles on your explorer I...
Back