Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

PI Utility exhaust system: an entirely different bird

Well it is a Police Interceptor Utility. It's pretty safe to assume most of the vehicles occupants have ridden in back.
  2. A

Build thread - Skyforger

Well that sucks. I'm interested to see what's next. I re uploaded that video as a YouTube link it should work now. I've changed out a lot of the lighting I just haven't had a chance to shoot new video
  3. A

PI Utility exhaust system: an entirely different bird

Sorry if I bucrher the name but Gibson makes a set for between $399 (stainless steal and $335 for aluminum. Sounds pretty good not too rough.
  4. A

Build thread - Skyforger

I just tried it and it worked I'll see if it's set to private or something
  5. A

Build thread - Skyforger

PS. If you click on the tiny picture at the bottom it's a video. Still not even close to being done.
  6. A

Build thread - Skyforger

I live about 20min north of Los Angeles County in Kern County on the same street as the AFB it's about 10-15 blocks past my home. My house is surrounded by NASA and AF officers lets just say when you get rocket scientists and pilots together on the 4th of July things get crazy. I just say...
  7. A

Build thread - Skyforger

Time for a light off In not finshed but I'm thinking a competive light off may have to take place in the near future. I'm only on day two of install so there's alot more to come Ps. I'm not trying to hijack your thread. There are just not enough of us with POV emergence response vehicles.
  8. A

EF's First Lottery

Home and work
  9. A

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Klaus, Looking good thank you for the photos.
  10. A

Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture)

Holy vehicle code Batman :) Thank you for providing such an informative and detailed response. If only all questions could be answered with such precision
  11. A

5th gen LED bulbs?

Ok now it's working for me as well. Must of been a glitch
  12. A

Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture)

So am I to understand that some states still require the use of DRL's is this a US or Canada thing?
  13. A

Build thread - Skyforger

I'm not attempting to hijack this thread and I apologize if I'm out of line. In addition to my regular duties I also serve as the in house radio technician. I program and maintain radios. I was just going to send a PM however I thought others might bennifit from the information. If your...
  14. A

What size are the tires and are they the tallest that will fit. I know you adressed tire hight however Discount Tire has a very strict corporate policy regarding the installation of tires that differ from the vehicle manufacturers specifications. Discount tire will only increase or decrease the...
  15. A

I will be completing this lift in early February or March. I managed to crack my oil pan on a pretty mild dirt road. This is in acceptable. The manufacturers state that post lift you can fit 32s with no rub. I'll beleave it when I see it
  16. A

2014 Black Grill Overlay?

No not an oops like I said most people are unaware of all the variants. What I'm saying is there are four options if you wish to purches a black grill. I included the PIU grills as there will be a lot of them in the market soon from wrecked police vehicles and even more when departments start...
  17. A

List of all four black grills for the Explorer. Allow me to set the record straight. It's not my intention to put anyone down as a lot of people are simply not aware of all the variants. Including all models from 2011 - 2014 there are a total of four black grills. I will list them...
  18. A

Has anyone done performance tuning to a 2013 3.5 non-EcoBoost?

Last update was eight months ago. Any new info?
  19. A

I feel the same way I have a 2013 platinum white limited and the white grill bothers me.
  20. A

By taking one of these kits home are you referring to taking on the plane with you? If so I wouldn't want to see those baggage fees.
  21. A

Ammo can hold downs

Nice work. That setup would be perfect for me. I just picked up a shotgun mount an AR mount with electronic locks out of one of our old patrol cars. I'm mounting them in the cargo area. Ive been trying to figure out a good way to secure spare rounds. If you come up with a locking version for the...
  22. A

My Sport with HID 8000K's

Thanks raider I'll give it a try. Let me know how it works for you. Sounds like Coolbulbs is the way to go. I've heard nothing but good things both here and other sources. To be honst it's not just all the positive reviews regarding the product (thoe it has a lot to do with it) but it has...
  23. A

My Sport with HID 8000K's

Housing? Hi all, Are you all installing your HID conversion kits into the stock projector beam housings? This may sound like a strange question however there is a reason I ask. A few years I put HID's on my 08 mustang GT and had to swap out the housings. My 08 mustang Bullit came stock...
Back