Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

p0171 p0172 lean codes again! 99 OHV

UPDATE: I changed the fuel filter and now scanner reads green. If you are having the same problems change your fuel filter! Make sure to orient filter correctly with the rolled flange end to the front. Also disconnect fuel pump relay and run until engine dies. Have a catch for the fuel...
  2. C

p0171 p0172 lean codes again! 99 OHV

I just finished changing my upper intake manifold gasket's on my 99 sport OHV. It ran well for about 10mins then the codes started coming in again! Should I have changed the lower one as well? Is it a the same rubber type as the three upper one's? Or is it a more traditional one piece? The...
  3. C

1998 Explorer Sport Ignition Hell!!

How did you rewire the ignition? I have an 0353 0352 0351 code and the truck still run's lol.
  4. C

Truck won't start!

Ok so as of this morning truck does start and run. However it now idle's much rougher then it did before. I've checked everything and cleaned IAC. I did find some thin fluid in the last runner closest to firewall of the plenum when I removed it. Is that a bad sign? I hope it doesn't mean a...
  5. C

Cant remove plenum - stuck on EGR tube? 99OHV

We removed ours with the tube still in the plenum. There's a stub with a nut on it holding the egr and dipstick. Loosen that off and with the help of someone you should be able to pull the plenum up and wiggle the egr pipe through the vacuum hoses.
  6. C

Truck won't start!

Could this be a PATS issue?
  7. C

Check Engine Light: P0171 & P0174

I was getting the same codes on my 99 sport ohv. I changed the intake gaskets today now the truck won't start! Did anyone else have this happen. It cranks and I can smell fuel but the thing won't catch. It did once and shook like crazy at idle. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm pretty...
  8. C

Truck won't start!

Hi I'm new to this site but have been searching it for a while. I recently bought a 99 sport and it was giving me a 1071 and 1074 too lean code. I changed the intake gasket's today and went to start it. Turns out that I had the spark plug wire's in the wrong spots on the coils. Fixed...
Back