Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2010 Escape, Rear liftgate won't open ?

Yes it is difficult to get the gear off the old motor but I just put it in a vise and was able to pry it off and then carefully pressed the gear onto the new motor which also had the threads. Just be careful not to damage the new motor and the gear off the old motor.
  2. P

Carefully open each clip on all four sides and it should open. A few of mine snapped but i just used electrical tape to hold unit together.
  3. P

Yes. You definitely have the same problem. I was able to access the inside by opening the window and carefully pulled the plastic away. It seems a little difficult but you'll need to pull pretty hard and the snaps should pull away but be carefull because the bottom of the door which you cannot...
  4. P

Replaced motor. If your tech savy, you can replace the part yourself as 2008explorer4x4 listed the entire latch essembly. My vehicle was short of 1000 miles of warranty work. I though am always curious why this part failed and my oiling procedure worked for about a week but then failed again...
  5. P

2010 escape rear door latch fix. I was able to take apart latch assembly and exposed the motor that was failing. The motor reminded me of a motor inside of a hobbiest RC race car I had as a kid. The switch sends a quick 12 volt burst to the motor which uses a gear to pull an arm to release the...
Back