Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

A4LD swap with 4R44E

That's what I kind of figured. Thanks
  2. C

A4LD swap with 4R44E

Can I put a 4R44E transmission in a 93 Explorer to replace the A4LD that's in there? Thanks
  3. C

1993 Explorer transmission swap

Does anyone know if I can put a 4r44E in my 93 Explorer. It currently has an A4LD. Is the 4R44E compatible with a 93? Thanks
  4. C

Rebuilt Transmission won't go into gear

How do I air check the transmission? Could the symptoms I'm having be caused by a loose valve body?
  5. C

I've actually contacted them before and there is a shop about 25 miles from me. They wanted to charge me close to $2500 for a rebuild. I think I'll start with putting another valve body on and if not I'll try replacing every seal in the thing.
  6. C

What would you do at this point? I'm not wanting to spend a lot more money I'll tell you that much.
  7. C

Should I just chance getting another salvage tranny instead?
  8. C

I guess if I get a seal kit I could replace every seal in the thing and that should solve the problem. Right?
  9. C

The torx bolt is tight. I didn't replace the whole center support, just the seals. As far as the reverse servo goes, I hope it's correct I left that up to the mechanic to install along with the valve body. I really didn't mess with the reverse band at all.
  10. C

Yes I got that one on and all lined up I'm pretty sure there's only one way it lines up. This thing has been very frustrating but I have to take it out again anyway. Is there any other seals I should check? I replaced the center support and all the lip seals in the drums. I still can't figure...
  11. C

You mean the round one that goes on the thin plate between the pump and case? Looks like a ring with no holes?
  12. C

A4LD No reverse and slips in forward gears Newly rebuilt transmission has no reverse and goes forward when cold. Loses all power and slips when hot. Valve body or leaking seal inside the case?????
  13. C

No difficulty at all. I'll try the Lucas. Could it have anything to do with the torque converter? Like if I didn't fill it with fluid before I put it in? There was some fluid in it but not even a quart.
  14. C

It is a pressure issue. I actually was able to drive it home tonight. It seems to drive when it's cold, but after it warms up it slips until it eventually has no power at all and won't go anywhere. I'm leaning towards a leaking seal somewhere. I rebuilt that transmission myself and replaced...
  15. C

I'm not sure if it's that simple. When I first started it and put it in Drive in went right into gear and went forward but then gradually lost pulling power. It's tries to go, like it moves a little, but doesn't go! I think it's maybe a valve body thing. I'm not sure!!!! I will check the cable...
  16. C

Got the tranny back on and now there is no Reverse. When I put it in Drive it starts to go but then looses everything, like it's not staying engaged! I think it's time to sell!
  17. C

Sure enough the inner gear was cracked. It actually burned and warped the TC spindle so the new gear wouldn't lock in. Luckily I had the salvage tranny for parts! Thanks for everyone's help.
  18. C

It hasn't shown up yet. I'm hoping to get it removed today and hopefully work on the pump on Monday. Crappy thing about this whole situation is its snowing here and my son needs this vehicle pretty bad, and I have to work on it outside! Haha
  19. C

Is there a way to drain all of the fluid out via the TC? I want to avoid any fluid spilling out when I remove the TC and the bell housing.
  20. C

Could it be possible that the pump inner gears had broke for some reason?
  21. C

Ok, just trying to rule out any other issues before I continue to pull this thing out again. I've got everything pretty much apart except the exhaust and bell housing bolts, oh and the transfer case. I would like to drain more fluid out of it as well. Can I do that somewhere on the TC? Looks...
  22. C

After installing a new pump, does it need to be primed? How do I go about doing that?
  23. C

Don't really want to spend the money on a tool, unless I can find one for less than $140.
  24. C

The pump I received came with the gears out and one side of the inner gear has 2 bevels on it, which way does it go in? Thanks
  25. C

The filter is the right one and it is installed correctly. I guess I will have to tear the thing out and replace the pump.
Back