Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Not just the X! Have you driven your parents 2013 yourself? If this were an issue of "some do and some don't", it would be a quality issue and Ford could pinpoint the problem. My wife's 2013 XLT has the smell even after the TSB although not as bad as before, we just live with it and if I...
  2. G

2013 XLT headrests are getting on my nerves...

I agree, the third row headrests block a lot of the visibility from the rear view mirror when they are up. The right side headrest somehow broke and will and will not stay up now. Wife said one of the kids broke it. Under warranty so it will be replaced next week. A couple of ideas would help...
  3. G

If you smell it, it's not good for you. The thought crossed my mind when the service adviser said the technician did not notice the smell. They went ahead and did the TSB 12.12.4 after ordering the parts which they did not have. There was an 80% improvement, I inspected the underside and...
  4. G

I picked up our 13 XLT 3.5 after having the dealer perform TSB 12.12.4.The TSB involves replacing the left rear vent valve under the bumper, installing two rubber check/flapper valves on the bottom of the lift gate, sealing the lines coming into the rear air conditioning evaporator unit and...
  5. G

Horrible MPG w/ K&N intake and Magnaflow Exhaust

Thanks Peter, That's exactly the case with me, we just purchased the X in April so I was surfing around and didn't even notice the post date until you pointed it out. It doesn't exactly jump out. I will say that Serious-X has already helped with one very annoying issue of the smell in...
  6. G

Lemon Law

I'm really sorry to hear of your bad experience, but I would really like to know what you bought and what was wrong with it as I can't find it anywhere in this post.....:salute:
  7. G

How do you like your Explorer so far?

There is a lack of lighting in the entire tailgate area.:salute:
  8. G

Some of us were not here a year ago. Is there a rule against replying to older posts? I need to know. George :salute:
  9. G

In case Ford turns their back on you, take a look at MPT website. http://www.morepowertuning.com/2012explorer The sound is what it's all about. Anyone can get good gas mileage if they leave the air off and drive at 45 miles per hour. 17/22 is the advertised mileage.
  10. G

New Explorer owner

No check engine light, just exhaust fumes. The first time they tried to tell me it was other vehicles exhaust on the highway entering our vehicle (even though on recirc), but it always smells the same. Dealer called later to say the mechanic could not duplicate the odor but they would apply...
  11. G

"Explorer' Hood Letters

Now I can see the excellent photo I could not see at work due to the firewall. The lettering definitely looks to the right a little. Judging by the fact that there are eight letters and comparing the distance between the two distinct ridges on top of the hood, it's obvious. Also the shape of the...
  12. G

Lost FOB / Key

My Ford App The system works with the cell either through WI-fi or through the cell network. Not sure of the range but there's a lot of information on the web. The dealer emailed me the pdf sales flyer, but I can't figure out how to attach it to the message. The flyer is rather vague so I'm...
  13. G

Lost FOB / Key

Perhaps I should have "hit the dealer" up for a second FOB. To be honest, we were trading in the Chevy Uplander (oops can i say Chevy here on Serious-X?), we stumbled across this new wholesale lot with year old cars and the wifey opened the door, saw the leather and the third row seat and sat...
  14. G

This is a neat feature not on any other remote start vehcile I've had !

I agree that the owners manual (and any manual for that matter) is necessary for a thorough understanding and enjoyment of your vehicle. It's a little frustrating that the manual is so generic and your specific vehicle may not have all of the "bells and whistles" but you should always read it...
  15. G

Lost FOB / Key

I was at the Ford dealership the other day and I needed a FOB. They offered me an Android App that can unlock, remote start and locate your vehicle from the cell phone. When they told me it was six ninety nine and the app for the phone was around $50 a year i said "do it". Then I said, "wait...
  16. G

Wheel upgrade

What's to debate? The 20" polished aluminum X-Limited wheels are sweet. The TPMS learning tool is around $45 and the difference in tire price is not substantial. The car will roll even nicer on the highway, that's my motivation. I haven't seen a set for less than $1500 which calms my motivation...
  17. G

Ford Explorer Sport 2013 Style Black Grille

Looks almost as good, but only sees the tail lights of the Sport. That justifies the payment...:salute:
  18. G

Happy to give this update!

That X is beast Relly, congrats. Mine is in the shop for the TSB 12.12.4 exhaust fumes entering vehicle from the rear ECS. I hope it gets fixed, I pick it up this afternoon. They loaned me a Fusion, I love the auto window up/down feature here in SoFla where the temperatures reach 96 degrees in...
  19. G

"Explorer' Hood Letters

Since I will be "self installing" my lettering, I will not have anyone else to blame. I wonder if I can claim warranty if I mess it up. They'd never notice it's not really a Sport...:O
  20. G

"Explorer' Hood Letters

Quick change of mind. I just saw a picture of a factory X-Sport, hood lettering 3/8" from the bottom looks sharp. Centered might look goofy (and I'm daffy).
  21. G

"Explorer' Hood Letters

When we purchased our 2013 X, I saw several dealerships selling the X-Sport lettering on ebay for around ($90). I thought it would be a nice inexpensive mod to add a little to the vehicle, not sure if the wife would agree but I'll work on that. I thought the template makes the placement and it...
  22. G

Comment by 'grosa_2002' in media 'burnout uhaul'

This is the reason why I don't be used fleet rental vehicles....:O
  23. G

New Explorer owner

Good morning everyone, New (used) Explorer owner here. Just purchased a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT with 20K. It's in the Ford Service shop this morning for them to investigate the exhaust fumes entering the vehicle. I followed the thread on the subject and asked them to look at TSD 12.12.4...
Back