Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Finally got some new tires and wheels. Now they won't need air every other day. Looks SO much better now! Wheels: Gear Alloy Endurance 739b Tires: Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (265/65-17)
  2. S

06 XLT sluggish, vibrates, stutters

Anyone know if the 06 Explorer shuts off the fuel injectors when decelerating? I've heard that could make it slow down faster when coasting. Also, I think I've got an exhaust leak. Could that also hurt performance?
  3. S

The Ford place ran a diagnostic and there were zero error codes and zero misfires. Everything reported 100% OK. My MPG runs about 17.4 and with no errors I think it's just the vehicle itself. I figure if there's something wrong making it sluggish it should drop the MPG, but 17.4 seems to be...
  4. S

I took it to the local Ford repair shop for the third time. After a diagnostic and test drive, they still say there's nothing wrong with it. We did notice one of the tire balance weights has fallen off, so maybe that's causing the vibrating. I'm starting to think that perhaps Ford ruined the...
  5. S

I have not personally tried that yet. But, the local Ford place ran diagnostics and said nothing came up.
  6. S

Thanks, I'll try those things and go from there. I greatly appreciate the advice.
  7. S

Could it be a vacuum leak? You can hear a whistling noise that increases with acceleration. It sounds like it's coming from behind the dash. Not sure if that would be sign of that or not.
  8. S

125k 4.0L V6 FI SOHC
  9. S

I purchased a 2006 Explorer XLT about a month ago. When I test drove it, I liked the way it drove but after I purchased it, that quickly faded. Two weeks after we bought it, we had to get $1000 in repairs, mainly to the emergency brake and rear differential because the brake was dragging...
Back