Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2025 Platinum Question

I'm planning on ordering a 2025 Platinum in the near future. I plan on upgrading to the 3.0 EB engine and I am trying to figure out if the transmission has SelectShift capability. I have studied the order guide and it is listed as standard on the ST but it is not mentioned on the Platinum. Does...
  2. P

Curb rash on 20" polished wheel.

20" painted aluminum wheel damage It appears something hit my 20" painted aluminum wheel and chipped the clearcoat and silver paint off, all the way down to the bare aluminum. It is about a 1/2" circle. I see there are kits available that are supposed to be able to re-paint and clearcoat the...
  3. P

Is it ok to take a Limited through a car wash?

The automatic car wash I use has both rotating brushes and heavy cloth strips that clean up and over the top of the vehicle. I have never taken the antenna off and I have never had any issues with damage from the car wash.
  4. P

Heated Steering Wheel Oscillations?

I don't know if that is the normal behavior, but mine acts exactly the same as yours. The heat fluctuation is certainly noticeable, but not annoying for me.
  5. P

Ambient Lighting Problems

I have had this happen 3 times in my Limited over the course of 3-4 months. I seem to remember a "system maintenance" message on MFT around the time that this occurs. Perhaps an MFT reboot resets the color to the default?
  6. P

2014 Explorer Sport... Where are the RCA inputs?

I can confirm that my 2014 Limited does not have the AV inputs. BTW, love the forum :thumbsup:
Back