Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Standard duty brakes upgrade to heavy duty

This is not accurate. I have a March 2013 build that definitely has Std brakes. I have replaced the rotors and pads myself and can confirm the 325mm fronts.
  2. X

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

You should look into Geico. They offer Mechanical Breakdown coverage for only a few $ a month, IF you insure the car with them since brand new...I had for my Explorer.
  3. X

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

Thanks for the link! I looked at one of those, and the wife didn't feel it would do the job adequately. If you look at the block that had to be replaced, there are 2 connections that are bolted on, one 100A fuse, and two connections that use a harness-type connection. Maybe in another 30k...
  4. X

Sorry, been away for a while....to address some points: 1) It IS a 2013 Explorer, my bad. 2) I was told that You had to buy the entire cable assembly, and that you couldn't get just the positive terminal. 3) I checked with Advance Auto and they don't sell a replacement terminal. Maybe I...
  5. X

Wrong Brakes

So, I just looked up our 2013 Limited with Tow package and it does not list the heavy duty brakes. Build date was 2-14-2012.
  6. X

Hello all, So on Friday night, we discovered that our Explorer's battery leaked and pretty much destroyed the positive battery terminal and assembly that fits over it. We had to buy a replacement, but that only seems to come as the whole assembly. DB5Z-14300-A. It's msrp $300. All I needed...
  7. X

Even Russia loves Livernois tuning!!!

Just sent you an email with a couple of questions before I order a tune for my Limited AWD 3.5 N/A
  8. X

275/45-R20's for a Sport - Which ones?

I don't have the Sport, but I just put a set of 275/45 R20 Falken Ziex S/TZ-05's on my Limited. I just came to say that they're noisier than the factory Hankook's by quite a bit. They tend to "sing" at speeds below 55mph.
  9. X

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

This is excellent information!
  10. X

Ah, easily done. I just posted some pics in another thread about the roof basket I just put on. It shows you pretty much what you're looking for... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422008
  11. X

I'll see if I can get something posted tonight. We've had a bunch of snow recently, so the Explorer is dirty as anything. What are you interested in, in particular?
  12. X

Yes, 275s will fit. I've got 275/45 20" on the stock polished rims
  13. X

Roof-top Cargo Basket

So, yes, we have the tow package, but we usually put the bikes on the back. The idea for the roof basket is to carry light but bulky items such as beach chairs, umbrella, plastic toys, kites, etc. We also have a hitch basket, but I can't very well mount both the bike rack and hitch basket at...
  14. X

Roof-top Cargo Basket

I just got my Curt 18115 roof basket with the 18117 extension from Amazon over the weekend. Put it on and I'm really happy with it: It's just the right length with the extension. It also fits into a standard garage opening mounted to the factory cross-bars: It's not staying...
  15. X

2013 Limited brake pad change

Good to know. Thanks.
  16. X

Securicode Touch Pad Entry

Same issues here. The securicode panel was replaced at the dealer when it went in for some recall work. It worked intermittently but progressively got worse. The replacement is perfect. Works every time.
  17. X

2013 Limited brake pad change

When I was replacing the rear brakes on the Freestyle a few years ago I bought this little dookicky for a few bucks at the local auto parts store... http://www.amazon.com/AMPRO-T71921-Brake-Piston-Remover/dp/B00A4AIEGS/ It did the job of turning the piston while I pressed with a c-clamp.
  18. X

Heated and cooled leather seats ?

Love the heated and cooled seats. Never again will I buy a car without those and the heated wheel. I'm looking for a new midsize fuel efficient car to replace my Mazda 3 (8 years old now) and the only one (not premium brand, I'm not a sucker) that has all that is the Fusion Titanium. Accord...
  19. X

I just recently put a set of 275/45/20 Falkens on the Polished Aluminum stock wheels. No rubbing at all and significantly less expensive than the stock 255/50. The same Falkens were $121 vs $169 at Discount Tire, just for reference.
  20. X

Automatic and Siri Activation from the Wheel!!!

http://www.imore.com/automatic-teams-ford-amazing-connected-car-experience So this $99 OBDII dongle purports to add a host of features to Sync. It'll be available next week some time. I've added myself to the list to get updates, but if it really can activate Siri using the steering wheel...
  21. X

Sport with Limited Rims?

Yes, it is. Thanks. It was Deep Impact Blue or Kodiak Brown. That brown changes quite a bit depending on the lighting, from almost black to glorious 70's brown, and it's SO freckly metallic.
  22. X

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Just to chime in, I had the exact same symptoms. Told the dealer about it when I was having some recalls performed. They replaced the keypad unit and it has worked brilliantly ever since.
  23. X

Sport with Limited Rims?

Not my truck. That's just a picture I found on the internet for reference-sake. Here's my truck with the Mrs.:
  24. X

Sport with Limited Rims?

I'd be willing to trade with you. If you're ever coming to the Raleigh/Durham area, PM me. I can send you pics of the rims if you're interested. I have the upgraded polished aluminum wheels: (not my truck, but these are the wheels):
Back